McKernan Crossing | 30m | 9s | Fleming, Smythe & Cranston | Brian Allsopp

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like a DC2 rezoning for 11323 - 11335 University Ave has entered the pipeline.

1586191220634.png

(Five properties in yellow)

This is directly east of the McKernan Gates project (red).

No public details available yet.

So this is right next McKernan Gates, right? This is awesome for the level of sustainability and density in the area.

So this is right next McKernan Gates, right? This is awesome for the level of sustainability and density in the area.

Yeah, to the immediate east. It is about time we see this type of density, since these sites are adjacent to the U of A and there is a definite need for more (newer) student rental housing in the area.

Looks like this one is now a completely different proposal, called "University2 McKernan". 23m, 6 storeys:

1611072791605.png

1611072716468.png1611072738242.png1611072791605.png

Mundane rather than "terrible" -- reminds me of the time in my youth when Santa nigh on promised me an electric train set and I got a Fort Apache model instead (cheap Claus, cheap I say!) And, by the way, mundane is almost worse than "terrible" because it calls up the memory of something that was exceptional replaced by the equivalent of a television test-pattern.

Mundane rather than "terrible" -- reminds me of the time in my youth when Santa nigh on promised me an electric train set and I got a Fort Apache model instead (cheap Claus, cheap I say!) And, by the way, mundane is almost worse than "terrible" because it calls up the memory of something that was exceptional replaced by the equivalent of a television test-pattern.
The single circular window makes it terrible.

Back