Manulife Place Renovations | 145.99m | 36s | AIMCo | MdeAS

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
1579541783274.png

IMG_5293.jpg

@cpnfantstk Building envelopes tend to require replacement after a few decades, so I suspect a reclad of the tower is on the horizon. I'm sure any replacement would look similar to what's currently there.
I hope so. I love that building. Reminds me of that RoboCop movie for some reason. Lol

@Daveography, very cool indeed and I love most of it, if only conceptual! I think some wood accents/structures (such as cedar planters or screens) would help soften the overall concept. The planting scheme is most definitely lacking in coniferous greenery which never should be omitted in our climate I think. I do like the White Birch but add some winter greenery and they're on to something special.

@Daveography, MAN, U bet your LIFE these are exciting and represent a teachable moment for all developers (or more correctly, re-developers), changing affronting structures into pedestrian-friendly and street-usable spaces is key to the make-over of downtown. Good for them for underscoring that! I hope it isn't a throw-away concept; rather, something that is intended to be implemented.

Manulife Place Modernization

The project will transform the podium space at Manulife Place. Details include re-cladding the podium, modernization of the retail spaces, and a 45,000 square foot rooftop terrace.

The project was announced on January 14, 2020.
Municipality:Edmonton
Sector:Commercial
Type:Office Renovation
Schedule:2020 - 2021
Estimated Cost:$30.0M
Stage:Under Construction

Back