Manulife Place Renovations | 145.99m | 36s | AIMCo | MdeAS

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This will very transformative for what is essentially the heart of our Downtown and city. Very exciting news. So happy to see this being opened up to the street, which seemed like a no brainer to me with the valley line LRT running right past its doors.

Also I love this part especially

"A 45,000 square foot rooftop terrace will also be constructed, providing an acre of fully-landscaped parkland in the heart of downtown Edmonton"

Last edited:
I absolutely love the new podium design! Visually interesting with lots of interconnectivity to the outside realm. Can't wait to take a stroll in the future rooftop park!

Wow, looks excellent! The open glass feel will really complement the LRT and really make this space feel very vibrant. Very exciting!

Although I never frequented the store, I was lamenting the loss of Holt Renfrew and wondering what would happen with that corner. Glad the investment is being made into this building!

@Fetch Only in our wildest dreams... ???

Comparison:

20200115_095022.jpg
MLP Rendering - Exterior 2.png

Rendering of the updated lobby. Love all of the glass roof. I wonder how it will look with 689,0000 feet of snow on it. ?
1579123611709.png

Rendering of the updated lobby. Love all of the glass roof. I wonder how it will look with 689,0000 feet of snow on it. ?
Neat. The glass roof will bring an urban feel and much more natural light to the lobby, but it might look gross for half the year when there's dirty snow piled on top.

Back