Manulife Place Renovations | 145.99m | 36s | AIMCo | MdeAS

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I know they were going to do work on the podium roof, I guess there was scope creep. I will check with some of my contacts.

Update. Looks like adding a restaurant, work on an interior elevator. other components but my contact does not know if they are proceeding with everything.

Last edited:
Really wish I could have made the July 2 EDC presentation to see what this is going to look like. I'll have to email and see if anyone responds.

PERMIT_DATE July 09, 2019
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10180 - 101 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct interior alterations in an existing office building floor space. Main, second & third floor updates. Manulife Place. ( public Areas refurbishment )
BUILDING_TYPE Office Buildings (520)
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 1,500,000
ZONING CCA

Manulife's MUCH NEEDED renovations. Underway with completion scheduled for end of October.

Manulife's MUCH NEEDED renovations. Underway with completion scheduled for end of October.

View attachment 199778

Glad they're moving the information/security desk, it was always such a weird and awkward location.

Were any exterior renos also planned?

Glad they're moving the information/security desk, it was always such a weird and awkward location.

Were any exterior renos also planned?

No exterior work planned for now, but lots on the interior. With major, long time tenants like Holts and Zenaris leaving, they are going to have some big holes to fill, too.

@Abba I would think if they were smart, redoing the exterior and opening it up for some smaller tenants on the street would be prudent. Especially with an LRT station opening right outside their doors.

Agreed 100%. I'd like to think that with Holt Renfrew leaving that huge space right on the corner should lead to some nice changes in that direction. It's definitely showing its age when you just look across the street at Enbridge.

Agreed 100%. I'd like to think that with Holt Renfrew leaving that huge space right on the corner should lead to some nice changes in that direction. It's definitely showing its age when you just look across the street at Enbridge.

PERMIT_DATE August 29, 2019
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10180 - 101 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION TO construct interior alterations to an existing office building - Manulife Place - retail guard rail replacement and information desk (second & third floors)
BUILDING_TYPE Office Buildings (520)
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
FLOOR_AREA 1,216.32
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 700,000

Back