Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maclab Development Group

2h • 2 hours ago

Follow
We have one word - YAY!

We are so excited to share that our Garneau project is moving forward and we are celebrating this milestone with a sod turning ceremony on September 1st.

YAY INDEED!! This project is amazing for the area and I look forward to seeing it be built.

Looks like the building height has been reduced for both buildings when compared to the render in the header for this project which was reported as 30 floors How many floors have they removed from each tower?

Looks like the building height has been reduced for both buildings when compared to the render in the header for this project which was reported as 30 floors How many floors have they removed from each tower?
Their website still has it listed as 30 floors. We'll have to wait and see if we get any updates renders and/or cross sections.

I kind of get what you are saying @EdmTrekker. I've always felt that the buildings rendered didn't seem as tall as stated. For example, the taller one here is taller than Augustana's lofty 96 metres but seems much shorter to me too.
I think it is the offset placement of the balconies, or massing, that visually reduces the 30 floors/98 metres height somewhat. (108m with mech/max)
Does this earlier massing look that tall? No, but it is
The render from the header is from the latest posted way back in Feb/27/20 (stating the same height) and we haven't seen anything different yet. I sure hope there are no reductions and doubt that there would be.

Back