King Edward Park Supportive Housing | ?m | 4s | Homeward Trust

PermanentSupportiveHousingFeature.jpg

1593194445026.png

Land sale goes to Council on Monday (note this is not a public hearing):
(Item 6.1)

These renderings are in the Administration report; not sure where the one above came from but I don't think it's of this project.

9445530626202001570243-9.png

9445530626202001570243-10.png

30 units.

In any case, I think the renderings may just be for illustrative purposes and may not be actual proposals anyway.

Last edited:
This... is actually one of the nicest supportive housing projects I've seen honestly :) (not great for Whyte ave activation, though)

Also (this is less relevant), in my personal design for the central LRT, this is where the tracks would've crossed onto Whyte after crossing mill creek ravine after immerging from under the Main portion of Whyte ( the portal located where the Humpty's currently is) I mean, there should still be some room to allow this but still :confused:.

I personally really hope they don't totally axe the project 😔 serving all parts of the inner city with mass transit is super important for its future development, and the Whyte ave corridor is great to do so. I just think that, like with the downtown tunnel back in the 70s and 80s, more piecemeal growth should take place for a tunnel under the main portion of Whyte instead of another full buildout of a line only at-grade, which isn't the right way to go in this specific area.

Last edited:
Additional road ROW is being accounted for along Whyte Ave to provide room for a future Central LRT corridor (which is likely not happening anymore, given the direction of the City Plan).

Ugh the ROW of Whyte Ave is already wide enough. Why do we need to widen the ROW with the addition of LRT? It should either share a lane with traffic, take lanes away, or be underground. There’s no need to widen Whyte Ave!

Glad to see this lot filled. But missed opportunity for some activation on Whyte.
Definitely going to be providing feedback on this one to Mr. Nickel/administration. I encourage others to do the same. Fully support supportive housing, but there needs to be a commercial component regardless of what is being developed here.

I was driving past this evening and saw that excavation has started :)
2021-05-05 003.JPG

I'm just going to add this,
as I noticed another camp set up just 20 meters away from the site and I wondered how many more are around, 100's? I'm hopeful that over time, things improve drastically for us all.
2021-05-05 005.JPG

Back