JW Marriott and The Legends Private Residences | 191.1m | 56s | ICE District Prop. | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
CAF0C6A8-6F1F-4058-92A1-89037E99E8F1.jpeg

Condo fees have really jumped in The Legends.
A 900 sq ft unit is $844/month - near $1/sq.ft. and the building is very new.

A lot of amenities though.
Does it include utilities as well?

Water is included, but not electricity.

Water used to be billed separately, but apparently the water meter was the cause of many leaks, so they removed the meter from all units. Without the ability to meter each unit's usage, the total cost of water is now distributed based on unit factor and will be included in the condo fees.

Condo fees have really jumped in The Legends.
A 900 sq ft unit is $844/month - near $1/sq.ft. and the building is very new.

A lot of amenities though.
What a disaster

Yup, those units were priced higher than anything else and now you've got condo fees to match.

I'm a season ticket holder of the Oilers, and I was close to buying a unit since I had pre-sale access. A parking spot was included for free, which was a great deal. But in the end, I'm glad I passed, since there's no way one can make money renting these units out with condo fees becoming insanely high. I have a two bedroom unit in the Shangri-La Toronto condo/hotel building, and the Legends condo fees are even higher than than the Shangri-La, despite the Legends being a much newer building! The Shangri-La started out at 55 cents a sq. ft (I believe that's what I paid) in 2012, and now I pay 95 cents/sq. ft.. Plus, I would never buy in a hotel again. It's been such a headache, and I'm currently on the Shangri-La condo board fighting lawsuits with the hotel Shangri-La Toronto condo board of director. I fly back at least once a month for meetings that I need to attend in person. I'm not saying that the same will happen with The Legends, but there are often issues with buying a condo in a hotel, related to shared spaces. I do own a few units in Sky Residences, and it seems much better run so far.

Mixed-use towers that share amenities are tricky, complicated, convoluted and generally paired with higher fees for higher levels of amenities. Without know the details I won't comment more but if I wanted a nice place with probably the highest service/amenity level in our city this would be my choice; at a price and convenience I would reconcile.

Mixed-use towers that share amenities are tricky, complicated, convoluted and generally paired with higher fees for higher levels of amenities. Without know the details I won't comment more but if I wanted a nice place with probably the highest service/amenity level in our city this would be my choice; at a price and convenience I would reconcile.
emphasis added... jewish new year's resolution? :)

Reference ID:Job No 418760650-001
Description:To operate a Minor Home Based Business - Administration Office for General Business - (EAST TO WEST SEAFOOD).
Plan 1822676 Blk 2 Lot 6
Applicant:TIMOTHY ALEXANDER MORGAN
Create Date:12/28/2021 8:40:21 AM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
Approval Date:12/30/2021 11:49:29 AM

Back