JW Marriott and The Legends Private Residences | 191.1m | 56s | ICE District Prop. | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
@bennessb Shared! I have to say, I love how Edmonton seems to be getting a disproportionate amount of coverage for a city of our size, but that really speaks to how massive the transformation is that we're undergoing right now. It seems to be paying off for SRC too - I notice that the news stories about Edmonton tend to garner a large number of views compared to others.

I love how Edmonton seems to be getting a disproportionate amount of coverage for a city of our size, but that really speaks to how massive the transformation is that we're undergoing right now. It seems to be paying off for SRC too - I notice that the news stories about Edmonton tend to garner a large number of views compared to others.

You're not wrong! Our coverage is really fluid right now based on what people are coming here and talking about. A huge part of the News side is just introducing people to what's going on in the Forums, since it's easy to end up siloed. Plus there absolutely is a lot going on! Economic discussion aside, it's kind of great to get to focus on density instead of sprawl, and look for examples around the world.

Jan. 27 Update

Is there any chance that the parking lot seen in the background of the first picture gets redeveloped in the near future? Once the ICE district is complete, this downtown area will become once of the most desirable, and it might attract more developments and investors, I imagine.

@Froggy The old Eaton Centre (now City Centre West) Parkade? That's my hope, especially since Oxford is planning a major redevelopment of the City Centre mall complex, including turning the entire basement level into parking. But at the same time, parking is in high demand and fairly profitable right now, so sadly I doubt we'll see anything happen anytime soon.

Some info from the ICE District brochure that might not have been mentioned:

RESTAURANTS
Whether our patrons are looking for something savoury or sweet, a light snack or a full-on feast, ICE District will be serving up an assortment of international fare to please any palate. Our mix of over 12 restaurants will include everything from intimate cafés to full service restaurants. ICE District will also be home to Edmonton’s highest restaurant bringing dining to a new height

FOOD HALL
For those with an appetite for something quicker or a little less formal, the Food Hall will feature ten vendors open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night bites.
With the choice to dine inside the sun-filled atrium or outdoors on the second-floor terrace overlooking the bustling Public Plaza, Food Hall patrons will enjoy the view while recharging their batteries for more retail therapy or returning to work. Second floor terrace overlooking the Public Plaza

DAYTIME EMPLOYEES (2020 PROJECTION)
Over 8,800 ICE District employees (7,200 office, 1,000 hospitality, 600 hotel)
Over 30,000 total employees within 5 minutes (or 400 metres)
Over 75,000 total employees within 10 minutes (or 800 metres)

http://icedistrictproperties.com/images/downloads/brochure.pdf

Back