Jasper House | 121.91m | 36s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't think Lamb came here with the intention of not building anything. Market conditions and perhaps to a lesser extent misinterpretation of the market played a pretty big role. If any developer comes here and has troubles because of factors out of their control, we should be showing some empathy and saying that sucks both for them and for our City since we lost out on good development. I imagine there are other less public developers that were impacted by COVID as well.
Huh, maybe I was too harsh to judge at first 😕 I understand it must've been tricky to get this and North (lamb's other tower) off the ground and it might've not worked out for multiple good reasons, but the loss of these projects stings me nonetheless and can give me angst where its not needed sometimes haha. I'm sure some of you guys Ian can relate, no?

I generally prefer local, because they are the people who have the most invested in the community. If someone comes here with the idea of making a quick buck, I am not sure the result with be great whether their eyes are fresh or not.

They also may not understand or care about local nuance. I could tell Lamb was not hitting the right mark from the beginning when he took the name of another existing building. He might be brilliant in TO, but I don't think he understands here.

I generally prefer local, because they are the people who have the most invested in the community. If someone comes here with the idea of making a quick buck, I am not sure the result with be great whether their eyes are fresh or not.

They also may not understand or care about local nuance. I could tell Lamb was not hitting the right mark from the beginning when he took the name of another existing building. He might be brilliant in TO, but I don't think he understands here.
On the other hand, if we don't open the city up to developers from other major centres, we'll probably be forever stuck in the extremely risk-averse circle of well established local developers, which tends to lower quality and slow the movement of new developments, as competition is lower and well known.
Not to say that all developers from outside are good (or that all locals are bad), but there's the need to shake things up in this industry, here.
Also, it is clear to me that Lamb indeed failed on their research efforts and made a very misconstructed proposal, but failure is a great teacher and they'll probably learn from it

I suspect he is probably too busy making money from the overheated GTA market to come back here anytime soon. I suspect a big reason he came here at the time was this market was looking hot, but unfortunately his timing was off.

It was a great looking development and the city even gave it a boost with the nearby park development, however I would rather have something nice that goes ahead than something great that never does.

I respect Lamb and his team for venturing out here to try and make a project work. I do hope this isn't the last attempt he tries here in Edmonton, and that they don't have too bitter of a taste in their mouth. Hopefully them not being able to get a tower off the ground here doesn't mean it'll shy away other out-of-province developers.

Last edited:

Back