Jasper and 115 Street | 170m | 52s | Greenlong | ACAI

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The elevations @IanO posted are from 2017 while those I posted are from January of this year.
Oh thank God! Maybe there is still some hope left here haha

From the June 15, 2021 EDC meeting minutes (motion of support w/the following conditions):

While the Committee expressed varying opinions regarding the proposed height of the taller tower not being consistent with that of approved development adjacent to the site, and not providing sufficient transition to the neighbourhood to the north, the Committee is more concerned with the podium massing and treatment, and the public realm and interface - particularly within the laneways. The proposed text provision and the design presented in the appendices needs to be refined as follows:
● Encourage the further refinement of the street wall podium facade along Jasper Avenue to improve the sense of scale/mass, articulation, definition of solid/void.
● Encourage the exploration of opportunities to improve solar exposure opportunities for the north tower.
● Encourage the enhancement of laneways with high quality paving materials (eg. unit pavers), pedestrian lighting, landscaping and minimal grade transitions (eg. curbs).

It's nice to see that the latest version got a height increase from 160M to 170M.
I'm thinking that's some marketing - get people to see what you want them to...

If this happens as 2-tower developments usually do, shortest tower first, then one-up themselves with Tower 2, well, they went from what was 37 and 48 storey towers to what appears to be 28/29 and 50/51 storey towers - reducing the entry cost of what's on the table now, and when they build the 35 to 40 storey Tower 2, it still one-ups their shorter tower.

I won't be holding my breath for a 170m tower but I guess you never know.

It looks like latest rezoning proposal on this is now one tower at 30 storeys and the other at 180m, or 54 storeys.
More than 900 units.

LDA18-0130 Greenlong Towers- Oliver
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.18.04 PM.png

I swear to god I'll grab a shovel and start digging out the foundation tomorrow if it means this project will commence before the year 2023.

Back