J123 | 99.06m | 30s | Streamliner | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
A ~5,000 square foot retail space is located along the Jasper Ave frontage and a tiny ~200 square foot retail space is located on the 123 St side as well. So there is retail proposed.

Thank you for clarifying this. Happy to see that and it actually looks pretty good too. I jumped the gun with downgrading my vote, but changing it back now

C.1 J123 (Rezoning / Formal)
Belinda Morale Smith - DIALOG

MOTION: A. Benoit
Motion of Support with Conditions.

The Committee recommends the Applicant continue to work with Administration
on the following:
● The present design of the west facade does not reflect the intentions of Section
8.b of the proposed regulation. The Committee recommends the Applicant
consider better treatment of this facade to reduce its repetitiveness and visual
mass;
● Sections 8.h and 8.i should incorporate additional regulations to describe the
interface (including setbacks, screening, etc) of the residential townhouses with
123 Street. The drawing appendices should also be updated to align with the
regulations and illustrate in more detail the design intentions; and
● Section 8.j should be revised to better reflect the concept presented; ie. three
distinct yet unified podium elements (retail, residential and corner / entry).

SECONDED: T. Antoniuk
CARRIED
FOR THE MOTION: S. Kaznacheeva, W. Sims, B. Nolan, A.Benoit, D. Brown, T.
Antoniuk, B. Nolan, M. Figueira

YES. More of this is what we need to keep the snowball rolling uphill, if ya know what I mean!

But seriously, I really like the design of this building. The arrangement of the different shapes and colours is interesting. It will be a welcome addition to Jasper Ave.

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning at the northwest corner of 123 Street and Jasper Avenue for a residential tower.

Date: Wednesday, September 18
Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
Location: Robertson-Wesley United Church Memorial Room, 10209 123 Street NW

The proposed rezoning would allow for the development of a 32-storey residential tower with street-level commercial uses facing Jasper Avenue and townhouses facing 123 Street. An amendment to the Oliver Area Redevelopment Plan would be required to facilitate the proposed rezoning.

The engagement session will be an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and share your views with the City and the applicant. Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council for a decision at a future Public Hearing.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/oliver > Planning Applications

I'm sure that the city planners can distinguish by this point which criticisms valuable or not. "THERE ARE TOO MANY TOWERS IN THIS AREA" or "WE ARE AT MAX DENSITY" are examples of critique that would most likely be put in the "consider later" pile lol.

Reference ID: Job No 344622354-002
Description: Construction of (a) new building(s), Other, Demolition
Plan RN22 Blk 19 Lot 18
Applicant: DIALOG, CAROLYN KEELEY
Create Date: 10/23/2019 11:01:51 PM
Neighbourhood: OLIVER

DC2 draft and Urban Design Brief are online:

98m / 30s
FAR 11.0
Tower floorplate 750m2
305 units
205 underground parking stalls
85 secure bike parking spaces

LDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-133.png

LDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-20.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-21.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-22.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-23.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-131.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-132.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-133.pngLDA19-0164_UrbanDesignBrief-134.png

Back