News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

The drive to the airport is small compared to the time waiting in security.
Yes, but this is the main access road from the south and also serves Leduc and the nearby industrial area - it is already a very busy road. Moving some of the airport traffic to LRT would help keep this road from going over capacity. Also, if you are traveling, LRT would be cheaper and faster, with no car rental, park and ride or taxi costs to worry about.

Westjet aka "YYC Airlines" - these are NOT sane business practices. As much as we appreciate 20 flights a week to the PEG, but who will be filling the seats? Give us more options to the States if you have extra pilots, staff and aircraft.

Westjet aka "YYC Airlines" - these are NOT sane business practices. As much as we appreciate 20 flights a week to the PEG, but who will be filling the seats? Give us more options to the States if you have extra pilots, staff and aircraft.
Much is former Swoop flying so not as great an increase as advertised. Still, it is better for YEG to have more WestJet service rather than Swoop. Overall, I am pleased to see the increase. I suspect this returns YEG to something at or above 2019 levels for WestJet - add in Flair's various frequency increases from last summer, and their two new routes, and it will be a very busy summer.

Much is former Swoop flying so not as great an increase as advertised. Still, it is better for YEG to have more WestJet service rather than Swoop. Overall, I am pleased to see the increase. I suspect this returns YEG to something at or above 2019 levels for WestJet - add in Flair's various frequency increases from last summer, and their two new routes, and it will be a very busy summer.
Whats the 2 new routes for Flair?

What is WS/Swoop giving YEG for Mexico destinations - year round and seasonal?
For summer, looks like
Cancun - 2x weekly on Sunwing, 1x weekly on WestJet
Puerto Vallarta - 2x weekly on Swoop
Los Cabos - 2x weekly on Swoop, 1x weekly on Sunwing

For winter it is too early to say for sure, but I would expect a wide variety of routes and good frequencies from Flair, WestJet, Sunwing and Swoop as is typically the case.

Back