News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

2007 Master Plan.
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 9.09.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 9.09.39 PM.png

Well it seems that Christmas has come very early (or late) for YEG.

Flight search now shows Air Canada returning to Edmonton-Ottawa route with 1x daily for this summer.

Seems to be at the expense of Calgary, which is reduced to 1x daily. Both cities will have 1x daily to Ottawa on Air Canada.

I hope YOW is not the big announcement. AC must have anticipated Porter would run the YEG-YOW route sooner than AC anticipated. The airline industry is full of insiders sharing route planning with friends and competitors.

IcelandAir could be the big announcement, it's been rumored to return for a bit now. It's a flag carrier and would nicely enhance YEG's northern credentials. We just need Anchorage now. And maybe Greenland.

Last edited:
We should be seeing the revised master plan this year as well.
I hear the new master plan will include parking for drones, automated AI software self driving car test track, the greenest most environmentally friendly certified BestBuy outlet, tours of the once in production marijuana facility, an EIA themed go cart track...oh ya and maybe something to do with flights and airport expansion 🤣

Well it seems that Christmas has come very early (or late) for YEG.

Flight search now shows Air Canada returning to Edmonton-Ottawa route with 1x daily for this summer.

Seems to be at the expense of Calgary, which is reduced to 1x daily. Both cities will have 1x daily to Ottawa on Air Canada.

Yep & Air Canada is operating Edmonton YEG to Ottawa YOW similarly as it was in S22 & with 1x daily service from May 1 - October 28 2023 operated by the Airbus A220-300 plane ✈️.

Good news Flair Airlines gets some competition on YEG- YOW route by AC this Spring & Summer again✅!!

Happy to see AC bringing YOW back but a tad surprised it is AC. Looks like it's an evening flight getting into Ottawa after midnight but not a complete red eye (as I believe it may have been previously?) Flair has been holding it down with a couple weekly but need that daily flight to between these two large metros. A case could have been made for any of Porter, Wesjet, or Air Canada to operate. Maybe Porter still will give it a go.

From 2022 ,1st time flying with ULCC Swoop Airlines ✈️ from Edmonton YEG to Toronto YYZ . It departed Gate 58 at YEG airport.
3E866B02-4FAF-40DB-A9BF-4E03214CE9AD.jpeg

DD48B663-AC81-4D8D-8215-CC16C773200C.jpeg
6436E9B4-D409-49F6-99C2-39C6E4F6852A.jpeg

Happy to see AC bringing YOW back but a tad surprised it is AC. Looks like it's an evening flight getting into Ottawa after midnight but not a complete red eye (as I believe it may have been previously?) Flair has been holding it down with a couple weekly but need that daily flight to between these two large metros. A case could have been made for any of Porter, Wesjet, or Air Canada to operate. Maybe Porter still will give it a go.
Well the late night flight would set up for guys flying back to the east coast from projects out west. The Kitimat Flights get in about 7PM. The flights out of YMM are slightly earlier.

Hi everyone. I’m sort of new here as I just made an account, but in reality I have been following the forum for some time.

Wonder if any of you have knowledge on this but my buddy wants to go to Scottsdale for his bachelor party in August. Swoop and Flair both fly to mesa but have not released their summer schedules (yet?). I’m a little suspicious that this flight won’t be offered but does anyone think they will eventually offer this flight?

Hi everyone. I’m sort of new here as I just made an account, but in reality I have been following the forum for some time.

Wonder if any of you have knowledge on this but my buddy wants to go to Scottsdale for his bachelor party in August. Swoop and Flair both fly to mesa but have not released their summer schedules (yet?). I’m a little suspicious that this flight won’t be offered but does anyone think they will eventually offer this flight?

Currently Edmonton YEG - Phoenix route are all winter seasonal on Flair, WestJet & Swoop. Is scheduled to end of May 2023.

Resumes in October again on Flair & WestJet . As Swoop is winding down its YEG - US nonstop flights ✈️& it will be offered all on the WestJet Mainline,starting this Summer from mid June & onwards.

Your friend will have to connect along his way to Phoenix in either Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Las Vegas ,which YEG has direct flights to year round✅currently!

Back