News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I would say I am jealous of Calgary on the De Havilland news although it was expected it would be in that region. Good for Alberta diversification and don't discount the future potential.

This announcement for DE Haviland looks to be more consolidation of their current production. The DHL515 and some other work is already done in Calgary but need more room. The twin otters are done at the Viking plants but look to be moving here. The Q400 looks to be the only line coming west.

I wonder if YEG was even brought up. They have the space for this plant. But I suspect not knowing Kenny was involved.

Calgary is desperate for wins? Ridiculous comment.
The hype machine went into overdrive for a company that as of today has no new aircraft to sell. E.g. this quote from Calgary area mayor: "The decision to build De Havilland Field in Wheatland is revolutionary in the diversification of our economy. "

Really? They already have a facility in Calgary, they have a range of very antiquated aircraft, so... "revolutionary"? Colour me skeptical. Maybe for the local mayor it is.

This is a supposed build out over 15 years. I don't even know if this company will exist in 15 years based on their apparent lack of current sales.

It is all spin, but of course the average person is just going to read this and think *oh geez, Calgary is awesome and building so many businesses*. That's exactly the intent and the media are complicit in this over the top boosterism.

6B67BC61-D426-4012-ABDA-1D3852E451AD.jpeg

Location is about 15 mins from Stoney Trail. Theres actually pockets of developed spots around there. Minimal. Gas station fast food, slight industrial. To be fair the Truck Inspection station is also right there and Highway 24, which alot of people take to Lethbridge & Vulcan.

I raise eyebrows as to why, but I don't know enough about air fields and why they would build their own.

The hype machine went into overdrive for a company that as of today has no new aircraft to sell. E.g. this quote from Calgary area mayor: "The decision to build De Havilland Field in Wheatland is revolutionary in the diversification of our economy. "

Really? They already have a facility in Calgary, they have a range of very antiquated aircraft, so... "revolutionary"? Colour me skeptical. Maybe for the local mayor it is.

This is a supposed build out over 15 years. I don't even know if this company will exist in 15 years based on their apparent lack of current sales.

It is all spin, but of course the average person is just going to read this and think *oh geez, Calgary is awesome and building so many businesses*. That's exactly the intent and the media are complicit in this over the top boosterism.
When they realize that their parts and material supply all have to be imported from the very same province that they are moving from will prove to bankrupt whatever slim pickings of a company that may remain……

Getting anxious to hear word of who the new CEO will be. It was stated Tom Ruth would be leaving at the end of 2022 which is fast approaching.

They have recently been doing a lot of apron rehabilitation in front of the north terminal area gates. Would love to see some love given to the North portion of the terminal. It's really fairly barren at the moment. They have the exits to the unsecured area closed over there and it could use some updating to bring it up to the rest of the airport standards. Budgets are tight certainly but we do pay the airport improvement fee after all and crazy to think it has already been over 10 years since the last big expansion opened up (expansion 2012).

In the middle of nowhere. I used to live in Langdon and I used to joke about driving instructio to get to Winnipeg. Go North on highway 9 turn right On highway 1

Back