News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I don't know if this was discussed earlier in the year (didn't see it in quick look) but I just noticed Edmonton bumped the Airport Improvement Fee up to $35 effective Jan 1 this year which puts us on par with YYC.

The stated reason is due to Covid-19 budget issues. I wonder if other airports have done this as well? Interested having such a hefty fee while putting a big emphasis on targeting low cost carriers.

Will be interesting how the new CEO approaches AIFs vs. other revenue streams like all the commercial development that has been the focus more recently. An airport like Red Deer starts out with a pretty big advantage at $35/head on airport improvement fees and then increases that advantage when parking is factored in. Just for fun here is a quick video talking about Red Deer's expansion ambitions.

Canada Jetlines
5,415 followers
2d • 2 days ago

������ BREAKING NEWS: Canada Jetlines Successfully Completes Necessary Transport Canada Demonstration Flights!

Early this week, #CanadaJetlines operated a domestic flight to the satisfaction of Transport Canada. Click the link to read more about the exciting news. ➡️ https://bwnews.pr/3yQONJN

Swoop in recent schedule update removed planned service launch on Edmonton – Nashville route. The airline originally planned 2 weekly flights from 30JUN22 (initial launch date was 19JUN22), but this was never operated. Published at 0830GMT 11JUL22. https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220711-wons22bna

Flair from mid-July 2022 is suspending Edmonton – Burbank service, previously scheduled twice weekly flights, although this is being reduced to one weekly from 03JUL22. From 18JUL22 to 29OCT22, service will not be offered. Published at 0800GMT 11JUL22. https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220711-f8jul22bur

Swoop's departure goes to show that Nashville was primarily launched to squeeze out Flair.

Flair's departure from Burbank essentially ends the summer seasonal flight a bit earlier than planned - LAX still offered daily or close to daily on WestJet.

Swoop's departure goes to show that Nashville was primarily launched to squeeze out Flair.

Flair's departure from Burbank essentially ends the summer seasonal flight a bit earlier than planned - LAX still offered daily or close to daily on WestJet.
This is nuts! Yeah kind of a weird airport but why did t they just do John Wayne from the get go? Or and Never mind those guys over at SSP saying Flair can’t fill a plane to SFO…..last Thursday it was actually oversold!

Looks like LAX comes back to daily (for the most part) at the end of October.
1657661438601.png

This is nuts! Yeah kind of a weird airport but why did t they just do John Wayne from the get go? Or and Never mind those guys over at SSP saying Flair can’t fill a plane to SFO…..last Thursday it was actually oversold!
Flair was very experimental for their summer 2022 schedule, a lot of unique adds. Now that they have restructured their board I wonder if they will continue to be so experimental? Or perhaps they will focus more on trunk routes.

Flair was very experimental for their summer 2022 schedule, a lot of unique adds. Now that they have restructured their board I wonder if they will continue to be so experimental? Or perhaps they will focus more on trunk routes.
They need to code share with One World and if not then Skyteam and offer to be a KLM connector from Edmonton.

They need to code share with One World and if not then Skyteam and offer to be a KLM connector from Edmonton.
Not in their business plan. Alliances, code share, etc add complexity and costs and they are focused on keeping costs rock-bottom. At least for now

Back