News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Glad to hear it. I was sad to see that the plaza premium lounge in the transborder terminal remains closed. Hopefully that can reopen in the near future.
Has to! Plus, noticed their annual meeting is May 05th….”with more flights!”
Glad to hear it. I was sad to see that the plaza premium lounge in the transborder terminal remains closed. Hopefully that can reopen in the near future.

I don't think they will be grounded. This is essentially a corporate dispute.

I think the Canadian Transportation Agency is being taken for a ride by some of Flair's investors. Sad to see another Edmonton company facing challenges. We should rally around Flair in this critical time - the potential growth for them is huge and will be a big plus for Edmonton and region.

I don't think they will be grounded. This is essentially a corporate dispute.

I think the Canadian Transportation Agency is being taken for a ride by some of Flair's investors. Sad to see another Edmonton company facing challenges. We should rally around Flair in this critical time - the potential growth for them is huge and will be a big plus for Edmonton and region.
Tis a very tough look and another item to shake consumer confidence. Hopefully they can come out with some reassurance for customers soon.

Lol, we are happy to eliminate the competition and take on their customers.

The biggest loser in this would be Edmonton unfortunately.

Sad and true.
Edmonton has had a very consistently unfortunate history when it comes to air service. Stretching back to the demise then acqusition of WardAir, which was acquired by Canadian Airlines based in Calgary, which was acquired by Air Canada and has maintained that base in Calgary ever since, the battle over the city center airport which no doubt hurt growth at the International (and thus the city), and now the public battle with Flair, which hopefully does not lead to its demise.

Here is some news today - hopefully this means smooth sailing for Flair Airlines. Oh wait, I mean clear skies ahead.

Flair Airlines CEO Stephen Jones said Thursday that the company has made changes to its shareholders agreement to address concerns over Canadian ownership rules. He said the amendment would increase the board of directors to nine, with only two seats on the board occupied by non-Canadians. He said Miami-based 777 Partners would now only have the right to appoint two directors and its veto rights would be removed.

Last edited:

Back