News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

The Airport Critical Infrastructure Program (ACIP) is a new program providing close to $490 million to financially assist Canada’s larger airports with investments in critical infrastructure-related to safety, security or connectivity;

The Airport Relief Fund (ARF) is a new program providing almost $65 million in financial relief to targeted Canadian airports to help maintain operations.

ACIP funding

YUL $100 million (to help finish the REM)
YYC $57.5 million (rehabilitate runway 17R/35L)
YVR $38.4 million
YEG $18.5 million
YXE $10.9 million
YWG $7 million
YOW $6.4 million (used to finish the LRT)
YHM $2 million

ARF funding

YEG $6.2 million
YWG $5.7 million
YXE $2.8 million
YHM $2.6 million

Remember how Wendover once discussed that with the advent of more fuel-efficient aircraft, the point-to-point model of air travel will expand at the expense of the hub-and-spoke model? I'm still banking on that getting Edmonton more international flights.

KLM has resumed non-stop flights to Amsterdam!

So you can fly direct from YEG to Amsterdam on KLM on Thursdays and Saturdays and it you want to use KLM for the other 5 days of the week you have to take westjet to YYC where KLM departs from.

Or you can fly to Amsterdam via Westjet through YYC as well. I wonder why KLM is flying more out of YYC then YEG when Westjet now flies to Amsterdam direct from YYC as well - and at a cheaper price?

AB - strategic-aviation-advisory-council

Rather disappointing to see a lack of representation from the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. Ah right ... another UCP Calgary focused initiative. I am grinding my axe waiting for the next election.

Rather disappointing to see a lack of representation from the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. Ah right ... another UCP Calgary focused initiative. I am grinding my axe waiting for the next election.
Richard Gotfriend - Calgary
Elizabeth Evans - Calgary
Lynda Holden - Calgary
Justin Jimmy - Calgary
Kendra Kincaide - Edmonton
Ferio Pugliese - Calgary
David Wheeler - Cold Lake

Brian Andrus - Unknown

Yes, the development of Alberta's aviation and YEG's future looks bright. If it turns out anything like the large push for diversification in the Alberta media/film industry, Calgary will be in great hands!

Lynda Holden - Calgary
Justin Jimmy - Calgary
Ferio Pugliese - Calgary

Brian Andrus - Unknown

Yes, the development of Alberta's aviation and YEG's future looks bright. If it turns out anything like the large push for diversification in the Alberta media/film industry, Calgary will be in great hands!
Given that in his bio it says Brian Andrus is on the board of 700 Wing Royal Canadian Air Force which is based in Blatchford, it may be safe to say he is from the Edmonton area, but I guess not necessarily.

Brian Andrus. Has an Edmonton address.

Thanks for confirming. An updated list:

Lynda Holden - Calgary
Justin Jimmy - Calgary
Ferio Pugliese - Calgary

Brian Andrus - Edmonton

Even with the updated list, I'm not sure it helps the Edmonton region or YEG much more.

Back