News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I wonder if Icelandair will return with direct flight from Edmonton. I flew with them twice when returning from Europe and it was great.

Out of curiosity, I searched Icelandair for June 2022 and they offer a one stop flight YEG-YVR-KEF. The flight to Van is through westjet before boarding Icelandair.

Screenshot_20210721-085616_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nothing from Delta it seems...

'Delta is more than doubling the number of daily flights between the U.S. and Canada starting in September, eight to 19, resulting in a 150% increase in available seats. Customers will enjoy nonstop, easy access from multiple U.S. hubs to Canada’s largest business and leisure markets, including more flights to Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal, as well as restarted service to Winnipeg. Toronto will see the largest increase, growing to 10 daily flights in September.'

Nothing from Delta it seems...

'Delta is more than doubling the number of daily flights between the U.S. and Canada starting in September, eight to 19, resulting in a 150% increase in available seats. Customers will enjoy nonstop, easy access from multiple U.S. hubs to Canada’s largest business and leisure markets, including more flights to Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal, as well as restarted service to Winnipeg. Toronto will see the largest increase, growing to 10 daily flights in September.'

Don't worry though, EIA continues to promote daily propaganda on the importance of route development in the region:

Maybe one day YEG will be fortunate enough to land an American Airlines route like Halifax or Quebec City, or a route on Delta like Winnipeg.

Absolutely pathetic and quite frankly outright embarrassing look on a city and airport authority for a city and catchment area of 1.4MM+ that served 8.2MM passengers at peak a couple years ago.

For whatever reasons Edmonton does tend to be an after thought for some such organizations.

So I suppose part of the job of our Mayor is to get in touch with these people as needed and remind them we do exist and we are much bigger than Great Falls Montana.

Hopefully this will happen very soon, if it has not already, and this will be corrected in the near future.

Last edited:

Back