ICE District Phase 2 | 149.95m | ?s | ICE District Prop.

This is some exciting news!! My family actually owns an apartment building literally across the street from where the first towers will be, so I'm gonna keep an eye on how this development goes for sure.

Ice District Phase 2 - Have your say!

Proposed Rezoning

The proposed rezoning (map) is from two existing (DC1) Direct Development Control Provisions (Areas 1 & 5 - Precinct C of the Central McDougall/Queen Mary Park Area Redevelopment Plan(External link)) to a new Special Area Zone(External link) called the (CMUV) Central McDougall Urban Village Zone and the (AP) Public Parks Zone(External link). A portion of the existing DC1 Provision (Area 5 - Precinct C) would remain on the north edge of the rezoning area.

The proposed rezoning would allow for the development of a high-density, mixed-use urban village containing a maximum of 2500 new residential units, retail and commercial space, as well as a new public park of at least 2000 m2. Development of the area would happen over many years and include a variety of buildings, with maximum allowable heights of between 26 and 90 metres (approximately 6 to 25 storeys) and a maximum overall floor area ratio of 10.0.

---

Katz Group pitches urban village for land north of Rogers Place​

Project would contain commercial, retail, industrial space and residential units

village-at-ice.jpg

If I could correctly, there are ten 90m towers there. HOLY!!! It'll make one PHENOMENAL impact in the skyline if they ever get built like this.
And I can't help but notice that the former Baccarat land is not included. If I'm not mistaken, someone here had said it would accommodate 2 or 3 towers of 90+m too.
I truly hope (although I'm sceptical) that I'll live to see this happen.

The market has not been there for phase 1... so phase 2, while still likely at some point, is likely revisiting product, phasing and planning.

Last edited:

Back