Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Positive news and I'm glad that they went right after Cineplex's proverbial throat by hitting their Rec Room market with the additions (Banquet being a Rec Room competitor product). This entire project stalled out initially when Cineplex pulled the plug on their VIP theater/Rec Room combo that was supposed to occupy the vast majority of the podium (which was purposefully designed for them) and as such I'm glad KG/One pushed on with a competitor.

Positive news and I'm glad that they went right after Cineplex's proverbial throat by hitting their Rec Room market with the additions (Banquet being a Rec Room competitor product). This entire project stalled out initially when Cineplex pulled the plug on their VIP theater/Rec Room combo that was supposed to occupy the vast majority of the podium (which was purposefully designed for them) and as such I'm glad KG/One pushed on with a competitor.
The lack of competition in the area doesn't hurt either. I mean, the plan was always as you state, but the one on 104 Street not moving ahead really helps them here too.

Not a peep about a tower. At the Stantec condo showings earlier in the summer, a few of the higher ups were still indicating a tower was in the works - definitely not full on denial. Perhaps they are worried about cannibalizing the slow and potential sales of Stantec condos with a rental tower.

Gentlemen's bet, podium starts April 1, 2020. There will be the largest Klondike Mike statue inflatable in the world ever ,tethered atop the spot that was once gong to be a tower. I've been wrong before mind you.

Hell, we could just put up an inflatable skyscraper on top of the podium if it’s a no go now.

Gentlemen's bet, podium starts April 1, 2020. There will be the largest Klondike Mike statue inflatable in the world ever ,tethered atop the spot that was once gong to be a tower. I've been wrong before mind you.

I would pay to have a 80 ft inflatable Klondike Mike installed on my house. What a landmark!

Chatting with someone today, it sounds like there are no more expected announcements coming for this building, which means it should for real be starting very soon? Maybe? Hard to know what to trust anymore.
CTV news report the other evening said the tower will go ahead when market conditions improve. That makes me think they have every intention of it being condos and/or Stantec is selling so slow that half the units are still for sale, because the rental market is kind of booming right now.

I wonder if they've even considered going rental instead.
My understanding is that was the original intent for Tower B and at one time Stantec as well. Stantec got flopped to condos midway through the process, which is why some of the units are less than ideal to be sold as condos and why sales are pretty slow. Putting up competing product next door may make some potential buyers simply choose to rent instead of buying, so 'market conditions improving' could either mean the broad condo market or the fact that they need to sell more units in Stantec first before proceeding with a rental tower.

Latest renderings. Grabbed these from C2E. Doesn't look too bad considering these are suppose to be rentals. The podium look improved over the last renderings. At this point I just want them to build something, anything here.
bg-sv1.jpg
bg-sv2.jpg
bg-sv3.jpg
View01-LowAerial2.jpg

Last edited:

Back