Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
@MichaelC were did you get this information?o_O

DpZt2zZUUAA4kz_.jpg
If only it resembled this. The height, the original design.

Maybe my eyes are tricking me but it looked like it was going to be taller than the JW Marriott.

I particularly like the dominance of white set against grey shadow play. This solution looks like it will have a very minor energy footprint and tenants will have the real benefit of the sensual outdoor ambiance set against a dominating City presence surround. I suggest a hunt for an ice cream vendor for the winter months (natural cooling) and a cultural dance of disappointment for the summer months -- loss of cinema, loss of public ornamental gardens, and loss of esplanade ambiance. I suggest a new corporate meme -- a dollar saved = a who gives a damn. An Ice District high-bar example is rapidly turning into a "whatever".

Reactions: Him
Permit Class Class A
Permit Date Nov 19, 2018
Status Approved
Description of Development To amend the approved Development Permit number 234919092-001 by increasing the Height from 141.3 to 142.0 meter high mixed Use Tower; and reducing the Commercial podium from 3 to 2 Storeys including a common lobby, nine (9) General Retail Stores, three (3) Restaurants (60% of total Floor Area as Public Space), one (1) Professional, Financial and Office Support Services, with accessory Non-Residential Amenity Area including accessible outdoor rooftop podium; with an Apartment Housing Tower (adding a floor of Residential Use and increasing Dwelling units from 568 to 582 from the 3rd to 41st floors), with accessory Residential Amenity Area (indoor and outdoor rooftop podium); and an Urban Garden (66 garden plots) on the rooftop podium; and mechanical rooms on the 42nd floor; and to construct exterior and interior alterations.
Address 10305 - 104 AVENUE NW
Legal Description Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lots 7-8
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN
Neighbourhood Classification Central Core
Ward Ward 6,Ward 6,,Ward 6
Zoning AED,AED,AED, AED,AED

Back