Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Cold-weather work complete; warm weather work waiting on structural steel orders (modified to suit the secretive new design). Give it a few more months.

Sounds like multiple GC's are bidding on this right now, as per Marcel Petrin on C2E.

He's well connected. Says he can see things ramping up in the spring because there's no rush to do work now in the cold weather.

So basically what archited said seems to be true.

Sounds like multiple GC's are bidding on this right now, as per Marcel Petrin on C2E.

He's well connected. Says he can see things ramping up in the spring because there's no rush to do work now in the cold weather.

So basically what archited said seems to be true.
archited is likely just as connected. :)

Marcel bids on components of projects because he owns a company that does mech systems, so he knows when things are happening through the tendering process(es) and/or performs work on projects after the fact.

archited is likely just as connected. :)

Marcel bids on components of projects because he owns a company that does mech systems, so he knows when things are happening through the tendering process(es) and/or performs work on projects after the fact.

We need more connected people on this board since I'm not connected! ;) :p

We need more connected people on this board since I'm not connected! ;) :p
Dave is well connected through other means as well and understands the overall process of development.

Sometimes there aren't any updates because of the cumbersome pace of the underlying process - waiting for meetings to take place where decisions are made - no or little updates over Christmas, because the bureaucracy is largely shuttered for two weeks straight.

If the property assessment I received from the city this week is any indication, things aren't looking good. I'm trying not to despair over the state of real estate in Edmonton right now, but it's hard. At this point, which of three projects has the greatest chance of actually getting built - Tower BG, Alldritt, or 9955 Jasper? I want all three, but I'm growing weary from all the wishin', hopin' and prayin' that I've been doin'...

I reckon we will see a greater change of Tower BG getting built since Katz Group has already succeeded in getting the other 3 ICE District towers built. Alldritt doesn't have much (if any) experience with high-density development, so I would place it at the bottom of the 'likelihood of getting built' pole, below 9955 Jasper (Great Gulf has an excellent track record of getting high-density projects built).

AFAIK They're still only planning to build the retail podium for this project at this time.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Langham will quietly start Falcon before anyone else breaks ground on a new tower downtown.

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Jan 21, 2020
Status Approved
Description of Development To amend the approved Development Permit number 234919092-007 by constructing an addition of a Restaurant / Bar and Neighbourhood Pub to Level 3 (podium rooftop) by increasing the overall total Floor Area of 739 square meters to an approved mixed Use Tower that includes the common lobby, nine (9) General Retail Stores, an increase from three (3) to four (4) Restaurants and to change the Use to three (3) of the Restaurants (B, C and D) to Restaurants / Bars and Neighbourhood Pubs (1,753 square meters of Public Space with 879 seats, where 876.5 square meters of Public Space and 440 seats is dedicated to Restaurant and 876.5 square meters of Public Space and 439 seats is dedicated to Bars and Neighbourhood Pubs), with an attached accessory exterior outdoor rooftop patio with 1,175 square meters of Public Space with 397 seats; one (1) Professional, Financial and Office Support Services; with accessory Non-Residential Amenity Area including accessible outdoor rooftop podium; with an Apartment Housing Tower (Dwelling units of 582 from the 3rd to 41st floors), with accessory Residential Amenity Area (indoor and outdoor rooftop podium); and an Urban Garden (reduction from 66 to 44 garden plots) on the rooftop podium; and mechanical rooms on the 42nd floor; and to construct exterior and interior alterations.
Address 10305 - 104 AVENUE NW

Back