Horne and Pitfield Building Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Limak Investments

Also, When a project goes under the lot sometimes never goes for sale and sits for Several Years
Examples:
Arlington Apartments
The Mezzo (Recently cancelled)
The Artisan (Knox Church)
The Edmontonian
The Mackenzie tower
The Emerald

Potentially Dead Projects:
Edmonton Motors Phase I
J123
The Village 121
Brewery District North
Hollyrood Tower II
Southpark on Whyte Phase II, III and IV
Strathern Hights Phase I
Man, I hope something happens with Edmonton Motors soon.

Man, I hope something happens with Edmonton Motors soon.

Me too, but if nothing is to happen soon, then at the least they should consider leasing the old showroom on a short term lease. Nothing wrong with that building, and I would rather see it occupied than empty

Last edited:
Also, When a project goes under the lot sometimes never goes for sale and sits for Several Years
Examples:
Arlington Apartments
The Mezzo (Recently cancelled)
The Artisan (Knox Church)
The Edmontonian
The Mackenzie tower
The Emerald

Potentially Dead Projects:
Edmonton Motors Phase I
J123
The Village 121
Brewery District North
Hollyrood Tower II
Southpark on Whyte Phase II, III and IV
Strathern Hights Phase I
How did you draw your conclusions on the 'Potentially Dead' projects? Based on what I know most of these are not even close to being 'dead'. My only caveat would be Strathearn Heights Phase 1...otherwise I'd say you're off on many of these.

The Plan, Stan...
Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.43.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.50.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.51.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.51.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.51.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.52.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.52.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.52.43 AM.png

I like to guess... so here goes:
1. The ground floor commercial units should rent up pretty quickly considering proximity to ICE District and the fact that they blew their chances and ensconced banks where active retail might have gone.
2. The upper floors of the "historic structure" will be hotel amenities -- restaurants, bars, spas, lounges, etc.
3. The balcony-less lower floors of the tower will be hotel rooms.
4. The upper portion of the tower will be condos.

I like what I see in terms of simplicity. I guess they throw that concept out there for rezoning to get it approved and flip it if they can. Perhaps there are investors and/or hotel operators ready in the background to make this happen.

A 10-storey Boutique hotel with amenities on 3 additional floors would do quite well in this area -- again proximity to the ICE district and a facility (the arena) that is likely to benefit from daily use (or close to it) as time marches on. Same is true for condos.

I like what I see in terms of simplicity. I guess they throw that concept out there for rezoning to get it approved and flip it if they can. Perhaps there are investors and/or hotel operators ready in the background to make this happen.
Just like the last time where the guys from Montreal and Toronto were sold on our market and opportunity and then shocked when almost nothing had deposits and any firm sales. They packed up and went back home rather quickly; it was almost comical.

Back