East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Same gestures that Katz did with Ice District and Rogers Place with the Oilers back in the day.

Regency have to dig their heels in a little bit too and play hard ball to get what they what want - hard to say what their margins are, especially in the fiscal environment we find ourselves in. Things are becoming more liquid so to speak, but I think lenders are still somewhat stingy. I imagine that plays into this and the other sites quite a bit. The Pearl had a long runway before it was built and I suspect Emerald/101 to be the same. One of the trademark corners in NYC after 9/11 sat empty for more than a decade before anything was built. Could they maintain the sites better? Absolutely. Should we expect development to be immediate? Depends on who you ask - I would temper your expectations.

The pit right now is essentially the first phase for Holyrood while the remaining apartment housing would be the second phase. There is the larger tower, two twelve floor towers and a six floor building slated for the first pit.

Huh?! I see it the other way. You do know this is the same guy behind the Emerald and BMO pits downtown right? So now he’s gonna threaten to “pull” Phase 2 if he doesn't get his way? Get him outta here….he’s your buddy Ian
Raj is an acquaintance by way of industry, not a 'buddy'.

Is this a greedy move or reasonable and fair given our ambitions of TODs?

250 units ain't going to be material here, but I'm not overly pleased with the way they are doing it and their initial proposal/promise to the community seem in question.

Raj is an acquaintance by way of industry, not a 'buddy'.

Is this a greedy move or reasonable and fair given our ambitions of TODs?

250 units ain't going to be material here, but I'm not overly pleased with the way they are doing it and their initial proposal/promise to the community seem in question.
The problem with this developer is credibility. He has none. He reminds me of Pig Pen ... what ever he touches and walks through he leaves it dirty, Unfortunately he can not be trusted to develop anything he has proposed any more. Why allow this variance when he may walk away and sell it for a premium or leave it in the ground undeveloped. Pig Pen is not worthy of any consideration until he cleans up the trash sites he has left behind which litter our city.
PigPen_%28Peanuts%29.png

Back