East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I imagine that he feels that he would have to start over from square 1 and face the madding crowd anew -- not so, actually. He can use all of the base information including proposals set forth in ink and paper to gain traction, and the community -- which he probably now views as an opposing force -- would probably ease him into a fresh start with open arms. Hopefully his ego isn't the issue at stake -- otherwise he will be done like Hogan's goat.

Didn't catch a snap, but demolition of the south half is underway.

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Jun 24, 2019
Status In Progress
Description of Development To construct 4 Apartment House buildings (total of 725 Dwellings) with an underground parkade. Building 4 has main floor Convenience Retail Store Uses.
Address 9109 - 85 STREET NW
Legal Description Plan 1820389 Blk 26 Lot 23
Neighbourhood HOLYROOD
Neighbourhood Classification Mature
Ward Ward 8
Zoning DC2

Still no photos, but when I went by on the weekend, it looked like demolition of the south half was nearly done.

Also received notice that the DP has been approved.

Can't help but notice they didn't have to go back to EDC...

Still no photos, but when I went by on the weekend, it looked like demolition of the south half was nearly done.

Also received notice that the DP has been approved.

Can't help but notice they didn't have to go back to EDC...
Might have to go chain yourself to a tree.

Here you go Dave

Looks less varied than the art renderings - then again, this is only one elevation.

^^ What? What a color palate we have here! We are missing a color or 2.., but the hot air balloon is a nice touch! I need a beer now, I kinda like something going on here. I'm starting to feel all happy, like there's nothing wrong with all of our over cast weather we've had forever, all is good. Damn I feel GREAT!

I have to admit I do like this massing better, especially the 25 story. Flags, needs a few bright and extra big flags waving around on top. And smaller windows, least someone wants to jump out ?

Attachments

• 1562711514750.png
    1562711514750.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 460
Went to look at the approved DP yesterday. It's actually not terrible, and in fact some good changes were made in response to EDC's letter. There's one thing that stuck out for us, though, and I'll talk about that at a later date.

Some things I can talk about that annoyed me, though:
1. EIFS stucco is considered "high quality material" - despite the fact that it seems to need replacing after 10-15 years or less in some cases.
2. Transportation sucks. Regency offered to pay for decorative paving across 93 Avenue to tie the transit plaza together. Transportation said no, too hard to maintain. I pointed out the absurdity of that argument to the DO, as literally out the window of the office was an inlaid brick crosswalk. The transportation people in this city are still ridiculous.

Overall, though, remembering where this project started, I'm reminded that the work we put into improving it has really paid off, and some parts of the project - mainly the retail at the transit plaza - should actually end up looking really good at the street-level.

Back