East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The view yesterday, seen from Bonnie Doon.

20210330_193203.jpg20210330_193200.jpg

Kind of ironically the company associated itself with a name to that of an onomatopoeia version of dumb. Kind of fitting though.
Huh? 🤔

For the tower portion, it shouldn't be a problem, and I speak from experience as part of what one had to apprenticed. They are flyforms at this stage...Parkades and podium are normally the time consumption aspects for they have to be specifically formed for a one-time usage.

A happy night shot.
The rate they're going it will be 25 stories tall by the end of the year.
View attachment 311338
They are pouring the 6th floor and will still need the roof of the portion that juts out. The tower portion is pouring the 5th floor. Once they get to the 7th floor, the tower portion will speed up.

For the tower portion, it shouldn't be a problem, and I speak from experience as part of what one had to apprenticed. They are flyforms at this stage...Parkades and podium are normally the time consumption aspects for they have to be specifically formed for a one-time usage.
I've been in the industry for a very long time. I have yet to see 2 floors/week unless there are a multitude of items. 24 hours shifts, 2 cranes, designed to do half slabs, etc.

on a typical floor
Day 1: fly decks, m&e rough in
Day 2: rebar
Day 3 rebar inspection, pour slab
Day 4: form & pour columns and core
Day 5: strip colums & core
repeat and hope no wind days shuts down the crane

you can only move as fast as the crane and concrete needs to cure. Today with the size of columns engineers are designing , you require the crane to put up form work for columns. Also the amount or rebar and rebar designs I am seeing now is crazy, gone are the days of just bars 16 oc.

If you have a way to do 2 floors a week, I'm all ears and I'm sure a lot of concrete contractors would be as well

I've been in the industry for a very long time. I have yet to see 2 floors/week unless there are a multitude of items. 24 hours shifts, 2 cranes, designed to do half slabs, etc.

on a typical floor

you can only move as fast as the crane and concrete needs to cure. Today with the size of columns engineers are designing , you require the crane to put up form work for columns. Also the amount or rebar and rebar designs I am seeing now is crazy, gone are the days of just bars 16 oc.

If you have a way to do 2 floors a week, I'm all ears and I'm sure a lot of concrete contractors would be as well
Just cure the concrete faster, duh. Can't you just use a hair dryer on it?

on a typical floor

This is the general basic idea.
It also all depends on cycles of constructions. During the boom, we had difficulties assembling a good reliable ensembles of skilled journeyman therefor apprentices were heavily used. Now, construction apprentices are having difficulties for we have an abundance of skilled available That picks up the pace. Inspections are also dependent on how busy construction seasons are...

Back