Holiday Inn & Candlewood Suites | ?m | 6s | IHG | JM Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Not this particular hotel. But see attached that Winnipeg is getting a new "Hyatt Centric" hotel. Never heard of that particular brand, but I want it.
Also want. Looks like Edmonton just has 1 Hyatt brand hotel in the west end. No mention of Edmonton in the article but if doubling their footprint in Canada, Edmonton should be on their radar.

^ we briefly had a Hyatt downtown in The Quarters until the pigeons took over...

Hopefully they'll look at Downtown again if they're looking at Edmonton. I think we'll more likely see a buyout & rebranding of an existing hotel though instead of a new build.

I think there's one on 105 street that would be an ideal candidate

Which one? There's the Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel just north of the park on Jasper Ave, or there's the Comfort Inn at the SE corner of 100 Ave. I thought there was a Nova Hotel south of the Comfort Inn but maybe I'm wrong.

^ we briefly had a Hyatt downtown in The Quarters until the pigeons took over...

Hopefully they'll look at Downtown again if they're looking at Edmonton. I think we'll more likely see a buyout & rebranding of an existing hotel though instead of a new build.

I think there's one on 105 street that would be an ideal candidate

Keep in mind that the 102st/Jasper Lighthouse was supposed to be a Hyatt too.

Has anything started with The Milner building residential conversion? Could be a candidate?

The APA Coast has been fully renovated inside and is quite good value for product. The exterior definitely needs a refresh, especially their front of house along 105st.

Unsure about the Delta of late, but recall that it was renovated about 5-7 yrs ago.

Back