Hat @ Old Strathcona | 66.14m | 20s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It did for pre-consultation in October 2019, however not for the formal since the project isn't at the Development Permit stage yet.
Think you're confusing it with another project? Dave posted in July 2020 that there was the formal and then it passed in November, unless you mean 2020 and that it didn't go any further?

It doesn't really matter I guess since nothing is u/c.

Think you're confusing it with another project? Dave posted in July 2020 that there was the formal and then it passed in November, unless you mean 2020 and that it didn't go any further?

It doesn't really matter I guess since nothing is u/c.
L O L I was l thinking of their project on 124 Street, not the South Scona Parking Lot...

FWIW, I emailed their general email and they said this is still on schedule to develop. They also said in a follow up that they have no start date. They also said in the first email that 124 St project is still up for development, so I would take it all with a grain of salt unless someone here is connected to Cidex.

If there is no preference interms of which projects will go first, I would like to encourage 124st. I would love to see oliver changed with a new super cluster. Most of the towers proposes for the area leap over current stocks in height. This will truly give Edmonton that true sense of complete change we have wanted for a long time- my internally wish anyways.

Is Cidex still busy in Calgary or have they moved their focus more to Edmonton?

I wasn't encouraging base on preferences
of one area over another. I'm more in favour of strategically built forms for optic changes. We need that for showcases to our country. This is our opportunity to changed our city's perception. Too long we were thought of as "deadmonton" and a dirty city. I want us to look like we are a major city in the prosperous province that we boast to the world. Focus on oliver with towers that are currently proposed will elevate us into that stratosphere for there is already a backdrop and supporting casts to make this area and the core that much more dynamic.

1-18571673552444
Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Apr 12, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To construct 3 Apartment House buildings (16, 19, and 21 Storeys for a total of 457 Dwellings) with main floor General Retail Store Uses, and a single Storey General Retail Store building with 1 Child Care Service Use – all with underground parking. Non-Accessory Parking will be developed in a portion of the underground parkade.
Address
10455 - 81 AVENUE NW

1-18571673552444
Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Apr 12, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To construct 3 Apartment House buildings (16, 19, and 21 Storeys for a total of 457 Dwellings) with main floor General Retail Store Uses, and a single Storey General Retail Store building with 1 Child Care Service Use – all with underground parking. Non-Accessory Parking will be developed in a portion of the underground parkade.
Address
10455 - 81 AVENUE NW
The city still owns the parking lot so once that sale closes and the land transfers, expect a building permit to go in.

Looks like the first phase of this to start construction once permits clear is the 3-level underground parkade along the northern half of the site and the northeast podium building, followed by the 19 storey tower at the northwest corner of the site.

376965804 4-13-2021 2-12-08 PM.png

This will be the first building constructed on the site (northeast podium building):
cidexhat.png

Back