Hat @ Old Strathcona | 66.14m | 20s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just a bit of info from the City of Edmonton rezoning applications page. Hoping this kicks off sooner than later!

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 11.47.09 PM.png

I find it odd that this project would only be 495 dwellings; one would think that given the site and walkability that you could do 750-1000 there.

I find it odd that this project would only be 495 dwellings; one would think that given the site and walkability that you could do 750-1000 there.
Only explanation for that, to me, is unit size (including higher number of 3+ bedrooms) and lack of height to have as many units.
It might also be due to phasing, maybe?

weird depth... is this only 1 level u/g parkade?
I think that's totally fair, given the size of the site, and unit count, and not wanting to overbuild (and thus overspend and have to overcharge in rent) for parking, but i'm still a bit surprised. idk.
thanks for sharing!

weird depth... is this only 1 level u/g parkade?
I think that's totally fair, given the size of the site, and unit count, and not wanting to overbuild (and thus overspend and have to overcharge in rent) for parking, but i'm still a bit surprised. idk.
thanks for sharing!
I was thinking the same thing. I guess if and when one takes into account the total underground spaces for the entire site…..then it might be plausible?

Exactly... there would be no need for soldier piles if 2.4m was the extent of the total depth. This seems to be just a solution to a particular excavation problem associated with Public Domain encroachment. It does mean, however, that the project is commencing.

Back