Hat at Five Corners | ?m | 24s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
2020-12-08 061.JPG

This one is also premature for the area for that pricing. Quarters is not desirable yet compared to downtown, Grandin, Oliver, whyte. I can think of multiple towers I'd choose over this coming at it from multiple angles. Access to transit, food scene, work accessibility, parks, river valley, arts, building amenities, price.

From every angle I'd choose another spot sadly. Their prices need to better match their reality. 1550 starting for a 1bdrm in a few years would make more sense.

Last edited:
This one is also premature for the area for that pricing. Quarters is not desirable yet compared to downtown, Grandin, Oliver, whyte. I can think of multiple towers I'd choose over this coming at it from multiple angles. Access to transit, food scene, work accessibility, parks, river valley, arts, building amenities, price.

From every angle I'd choose another spot sadly. Their prices need to better match their reality. 1500 for a 1bdrm in a few would make more sense.

Second that! I haavefriends living in better units in Oliver, 3x the size and all of the amenities, paying the same and even less.
The Sky Residences, in the Stantec, are in the same price range and the Legends is just a little bit above that. There's at least a dozen buildings I'd choose, at this price point.

I've been looking for a new apartment in the downtown area, I've considered the Hat, went to visit and all. Nice building, killer views of Downtown and the River Valley, but overpriced.

From every angle I'd choose another spot sadly. Their prices need to better match their reality. 1550 starting for a 1bdrm in a few years would make more sense.

Ish...

You have United Grocers literally across the street and Little Italy a 10mins walk north or 2 mins drive.

The Moth and Syphay are both delicious and steps from your door. You have The Nook as your awesome local java/baking/email spot two blocks away and Double-Greeting wonton less than a 5mins walk as well.

This is walkable to the CBD, various arts/entertainment centres, the river valley at your doorstep, LRT next to it come summer which puts Commonwealth rec centre a 15mins venture.

There is a rather large playground across the street for 3bdrm family units and a new public park on 96st.

Golf, hiking, biking, etc. all nearby.

Do I want to live on Jasper at a busy intersection, maybe not.

Are there still underlying safety issues in the area, yes, but far less pronounced than people and statistics make them out to be.

Perception is still an issue, but it is as amenity rich as many Oliver apartments IMO.

Massive improvement from the site's last two iterations as a pit and a barren gravel lot.

Back