Glenora Park | 81.99m | 22s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
From yesterday.
6F5A3C18-F146-43CD-A9C4-EC8BF5B4F032.jpeg
86239CF9-5539-40AA-9CCB-CA4742AD0ECE.jpeg
8FB9AE3F-3834-4BA8-AF41-28EEF9B9C86D.jpeg

In the 80s maybe. Their skyline is much bigger than our Oliver one.
View attachment 349547
A little bit off topic but Mississauga, imo, is the classic North American suburb on mega steroids. Huge residential towers clustered in a density bubble with no rapid transit, rather huge roads, massive highway and a mega mall (Square 1). No urban transect to be seen either, someone can step out from their house onto their front-facing driveway and gaze upon Canada's Dubai right next to them.
urban transect who.png

If someone can tell me why this is the case there I'm open ears.

...and who cares?
I suppose people in Mississauga. Its good to know what is happening elsewhere in Canada, but I prefer when it is not done it a too disparaging way.

Population wise, Mississauga is no slouch and it is also home to Canada's busiest airport (take that Vancouver, Montreal and other places!).

However, it is still somewhat of a suburban bedroom community, with all that entails, so other than some impressive big buildings it does not have a substantial downtown area like other cities this size. Although, I do understand they are working on it, along with adding LRT, etc...

I suppose people in Mississauga. Its good to know what is happening elsewhere in Canada, but I prefer when it is not done it a too disparaging way.

Population wise, Mississauga is no slouch and it is also home to Canada's busiest airport (take that Vancouver, Montreal and other places!).

However, it is still somewhat of a suburban bedroom community, with all that entails, so other than some impressive big buildings it does not have a substantial downtown area like other cities this size. Although, I do understand they are working on it, along with adding LRT, etc...
Says a guy from Mississauga?

Back