Glenora Park | 81.99m | 22s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'm starting to get upwards in age, but, if I'm not mistakenly, you might still get a portion of the north elevation. I'll guest and go as high as 40% visibility. From your starting point, it does a "v" formations until it becomes vanishing point, and that is quite a distance imo.

Why don't we just pray together for it...🙏🙄😊

Here’s both, though I think this project (tower part) might be behind the Mclaren when finished.
A667CA78-E157-4C05-919D-E998E5FC4E28.jpeg

Last edited:
^ I completely agree, the sooner it gets replaced with something, the better. I'm not going to say there's no place for gas stations in more central areas, but in an area like this, along such a walkable and continually densifying strip, it's becoming increasingly inexcusable for it to stick around. They don't really seem to be in any rush to move though — in 2027, the gas station's gonna' be celebrating its centenary in that location...

nd-3-4300.jpg

Not without a few years of soil remediation first after (if) it's ever torn down

I don't believe they need to remediate if they remove all of the soil, say for an underground parking structure. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

^^^^ Still requires remediation in the form of testing to see if there is any off-site leakage, etc. It is an arduous and time-consuming effort and it involves leaving a substantial pit in the ground for some while. Testing will be a combination of drilled core samples and pit samples.

^ I completely agree, the sooner it gets replaced with something, the better. I'm not going to say there's no place for gas stations in more central areas, but in an area like this, along such a walkable and continually densifying strip, it's becoming increasingly inexcusable for it to stick around. They don't really seem to be in any rush to move though — in 2027, the gas station's gonna' be celebrating its centenary in that location...

View attachment 285108
non-sequitur but... just... the shit you dig up. this is wild.
I actually like the look of it. although i doubt that canopy could fit the lifted yee yee trucks of today lol.
There's a few gas stations in the area that don't seem long for this world. I think the one on Stony Plain and 122 will close with the LRT, there's no way it will function well with right-in, right-out WB only, and the land it sits on is going to go way up in value. This site might kick around a bit longer; it's big, a full set of pumps, and a busy convenience store ( a niche all the lovely businesses nearby don't quite fill) and, with all the towers going up around it, anything shorter than the Maclaren would be underdeveloping the site, from a builder's perspective. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes up in the next decade or so; but I think it will have to be a biiiiiig project to finally fill up this space.
One thing I've read of happening in Vancouver is gas stations being operated as a way of the owner holding on to the land, a way of land banking akin to downtown's parking lots. the sites are super valuable, and have high tax bills, so the owner operates the gas station to make just enough profit to cover those costs, then when a buyer comes along, sell the gas station, which closes, regardless of high demand. I don't know if we're there yet here; the big driver to this kind of manuevering as i understand it was the astronomical land prices. Anyways, maybe we'll get there some day.

Back