Flatiron Tower at Mayfair | ?m | 36s | ProCura Real Estate | Manasc Isaac

Finally split this one off from Stables at Mayfair.

31585-94902.jpg

(The one on the right)

Last edited:
It would sure be nice for something like this to be built in the city. Something immediately recognizable in the skyline.
While I agree with you up to a certain point, I don't believe this particular design would age so well. I don't imagine it being attractive or even really interesting 30 years from now.
But the general concept and the location in the city are, imho, great, specially if they could integrate the building with the streetcar stop and, possibly, that other (super weird looking) building in the back, which I assume would be beside the WSP on Jasper Ave.

While I agree with you up to a certain point, I don't believe this particular design would age so well. I don't imagine it being attractive or even really interesting 30 years from now.
But the general concept and the location in the city are, imho, great, specially if they could integrate the building with the streetcar stop and, possibly, that other (super weird looking) building in the back, which I assume would be beside the WSP on Jasper Ave.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's important that the tower itself is attractive in 30 years. I do believe it will still be interesting, and a collection of unattractive yet interesting designs build into a surprisingly attractive overall esthetic. I love walking through different cities and spotting things like this that stand out. It makes the city itself standout. I'll always be a proponent of risky designs as long as they are executed well. There is a certain level of tackiness that should not only be tolerated, but encouraged.

Back