FARM | ?m | 2s

goodcitywhenfinished

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if posted yet, new MODA project for 124st http://moda.ca/farm/ more images on the site

Untitled.png

Thanks for posting this @goodcitywhenfinished.
I absolutely love everything about this proposal. Moda is simply "over the top" amazing in most everything they do in MHO.
From their website "Ninety percent of the components used in the building will be indexed using material passports that will produce a database kit of parts to aid in the future reuse or re-purposing of the building, either wholly or in part.

^^What gets my respect (beautiful design notwithstanding) is that MODA's actually comfortable enough to produce renders showing what their building will look like in the winter. It's cold, snowy, or overcast some eight months of the year, yet most other projects only showcase what it'll look like for four.

^^What gets my respect (beautiful design notwithstanding) is that MODA's actually comfortable enough to produce renders showing what their building will look like in the winter. It's cold, snowy, or overcast some eight months of the year, yet most other projects only showcase what it'll look like for four.
The winter render is actually my favourite. I love the moody surroundings contrasting with the warm interior, separated only by floor to ceiling glass.

I hope the design sticks, this is the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that leads to inspired design.

AHHHH IM SCREAMING this is so beautiful!!😄. That intersection is going to be awesome and it's like a 10 min walk from my house.

It's probably going to become my favorite intersection in the city!
I agree, I just wish the traffic wasn't so heavy and fast moving in the area, particularly along 107th. There has to be a way to improve this if they want a pedestrian, street-friendly experience with all those great retailers around. Perhaps some street scaping to create a bit of a buffer?

Heck, even cutting down all of the "cords" zig zagging around that intersection with power lines and traffic lights would improve the situation. Looks very transitory. Get something classier arranged!

Back