Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
FfRgCNIaYAA58RL

Ian you seem to be itching to get back to the city and take some photos, you've been critiquing others and posting twitter images all week long 😉

Quick question from one of the younger people on these forums, has there ever been any plans to reclad Edmonton House? It's a prominent building in a prime location that I understand has some historic value being over 50 years old now, but its kinda ugly 🤣

Ian you seem to be itching to get back to the city and take some photos, you've been critiquing others and posting twitter images all week long 😉

Quick question from one of the younger people on these forums, has there ever been any plans to reclad Edmonton House? It's a prominent building in a prime location that I understand has some historic value being over 50 years old now, but its kinda ugly 🤣
I hadn't seen anything but just found this. Seems like it was more of a what could be than any type of serious plan.

You will see some soon;)

There was an initial (and far more ambitious) plan to reclad and modernize much more of the tower about 5-7yrs ago, but this was scaled back to interior, parkade and light exterior/podium work.

At one time the preponderance of buildings from this era was overwhelming in our downtown, but with the addition of some new buildings and the re-cladding of others it now has more variety and it is becoming more interesting.

I like in the picture above how the original Edmonton House now contrasts with its re clad somewhat similar neighbour the Chateau Lacombe.

I like Edmonton House to remain as is, but I would be in favor of new window and balcony door frames to have color and balcony rails changed to current trend with glass and metal-framed railing all tinted in the same color as the window and door frames...
The balcony's glazing and fames should be abundance enough to ofset the stark concrete and, at the same time, give it some sheen and color.

Almost there... it's going to feel so different with that huge lot gone in a few more years.

Here's hoping the podium is better than it looks in the renderings and that they can secure a stellar restaurant as part of it.

Almost there... it's going to feel so different with that huge lot gone in a few more years.

Here's hoping the podium is better than it looks in the renderings and that they can secure a stellar restaurant as part of it.
A stellar restaurant will care a lot about the design and finishes of the street presence and organization of the podium and rental space.

The fact that Langham has left so many Fox tower cru's empty for so many years, I have no hope for this podium. How will they secure tenants in a less desirable South of Jasper 104??

The fact that Langham has left so many Fox tower cru's empty for so many years, I have no hope for this podium. How will they secure tenants in a less desirable South of Jasper 104??

Agreed. I haven't really asked around but why has Langham had so many issues with leasing their Fox podiums? They had problems pre covid and prior to downtown's issues.

Expectations were out of line, Rogers Place speculation/inflation, lack of overall demand and then COVID.

I know nothing about the ins and outs of this. Obviously downtown retail is not easy and maybe the timing of when it was built was part of it. I don't think the location is too bad, 104th is a fairly good street.

However, when I see other spaces nearby occupied, it makes me wonder if they have to put a bit more effort into leasing it out and if they are not competitive enough with the market now.

Back