Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
If I had a list of my top most hated thing in Edmonton, #1 to 175 would probably be parking lots.
As handy as it was at times for me, it really made no sense for there to be such a big surface parking lot here, next to the two large parkades.

As sites get developed, we have actually come a long way in getting rid of excess surface parking lots downtown, there were so many before.

Interestingly, if you look at old pictures of downtown Vancouver or Toronto from a few decades ago, you will also see more surface lots in or near to the downtown area also.

Next up, the giant sea of lots on 100ave between 102st & 103st please! 🤞

These ones have been on my personal hate list for a long time now. Anything towers built there will have a noticeable impact on our skyline.

After these lots are filled, I'd love to see the sea of lots between 107 & 106 street and 100th & Jasper Ave filled in

Last edited:
As handy as it was at times for me, it really made no sense for there to be such a big surface parking lot here, next to the two large parkades.

As sites get developed, we have actually come a long way in getting rid of excess surface parking lots downtown, there were so many before.

Interestingly, if you look at old pictures of downtown Vancouver or Toronto from a few decades ago, you will also see more surface lots in or near to the downtown area also.
This is what gives me hope at times. I remember going to the newly opened Air Canada Centre in 1999 and the area between that and the Skydome was mostly empty.

We need to add density around the Omega on those lots, the 102-103st/100ave site and some projects between 106st-107st south of jasper.
Around the Omega would be good. As I recall, there were a couple smaller, old buildings torn down well over a decade ago and are still surface parking lots. I am surprised it has remained undeveloped for so long.

DSC01198.JPG

Back