Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Question for anyone that may know...

Costs have skyrocketed for most low-density housing projects (ie: lumber, appliances, etc). How does the cost of a high-density project compare to the last few years? Has concrete stayed fairly consistent, and therefore the gap between a wood structured building and a concrete structure is shrinking?

Would truly be incredible to see Falcon 1, Hudson, The Parks, and Edmonton Motors all breaking ground this year, among others.
Could see Cidex start on Scona. I think there is also Maclab Garneau, J123, and Open Sky. Regency still has two mid-rises and the six storey in Holyrood - not sure if they will build those concurrently though.

Yes it would be incredible for it will showcase our growth was not arena related when the entire central core has gone through some erection points.🙄

As per Falcon, I'm not looking forward to stucco being so prominent either. I wish they'd consider minor changes to what they have. Since it is a primarily wrapped-around with balconies structure, tint the balcony glass, apply stucco from the balcony height down and anything above the railings will have some form of quality cladding. It is our core to showcase our city, so I expect some form of cooperation. Don't make money out of our city and people, and not give an EFF about how it looks!🤔

I'm OK. With stucco below 35 floors as they'll act as great supporting casts for density in the core...

Isn’t the majority of the buildings in the core or those that face the river anyway stucco? The cluster of glass buildings u around the Ice/financial district is the minority, stucco rules the skyline/visible buildings anyway the falcons won’t hurt. And if Sky Residences proved that there isn’t a large market for high end condos why would they build more. The falcons will fill a need and bring more people downtown, that’s far more important then the Aesthetics of the skyline.

Isn’t the majority of the buildings in the core or those that face the river anyway stucco? The cluster of glass buildings u around the Ice/financial district is the minority, stucco rules the skyline/visible buildings anyway the falcons won’t hurt. And if Sky Residences proved that there isn’t a large market for high end condos why would they build more. The falcons will fill a need and bring more people downtown, that’s far more important then the Aesthetics of the skyline.

True, we want people to move to the central. That said quality also speaks volume. A fine example would be The View vs Falcon. Both projects were exposed to the public at the same time; it just the higher quality View won the audience as it was constructed relatively immediately. Falcon is around 25% sold far from off the ground and, may, perhaps be outdone by Hudson.

No which is why I'm OK with 35 below for future progressions will, hopefully, prevent a stucco skyline. I completely get that it is catering to certain demographic as well from the finance level...

Back