• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This one flew under my radar, but looks pretty good for a high-security institutional bunker?

1599097009639.png

1599097022813.png
1599097029898.png

I would link to the architect's website, but apparently they need a WordPress security expert as they appear to have been hacked.

Last edited:
Emergency Operations Centre
New facility to include fire rescue communications, police communications, EPS 911 and call evaluation, community standards dispatch and City Emergency Operations Centre functions.

Municipality:Edmonton
Sector:Institutional
Type:Emergency Services
Schedule:2019 - 2020
Estimated Cost:$18.2M
Stage:Under Construction
Developer:City of Edmonton

Last edited:
Well it does have to be secure and a bunker works.

Calgary's EOC is build mostly under ground and you only see the generator and media centre. ColdRx and I were both on that one. I am surprised they did not build it out near the new NW police station.

I learned today that this project is in fact not going forward, as per a City of Edmonton rep.

Not sure if it's the only reason, but when I was briefly involved in the procurement phase of this project the bids/proposals came in way over budget....Like BIG TIME over budget. Like not even remotely close.

Was the budget for this project in the 100s of millions?

The budget number that was publicly released appears to be $18.2 million. The number that communicated to me was slightly higher than that, but still not close to being feasible.

The requirements for the building were somewhat unique, but I'm not sure how the budget ended up so far off. Maybe the cost consultant had a real bad day?

Back