Emerald Tower | 153.61m | 45s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Still not much progress on this site hey? I suspect the full remediation will hold this site up for a while.

I hope this stays true to the renderings without the brown/orange lines/markings. I get that you want it to be different or add character but those aren't exactly attractive aesthetically speaking in my opinion.

Still not much progress on this site hey? I suspect the full remediation will hold this site up for a while.

I hope this stays true to the renderings without the brown/orange lines/markings. I get that you want it to be different or add character but those aren't exactly attractive aesthetically speaking in my opinion.

Hi All,
Long time lurker here.

Just wanted to say that I have " high hopes" for this tower. I think the latest renders are a big improvement and it will be very nice to activate that corner of Jasper Ave.

@ Swore, what "brown/orange lines/markings" are you referring to? Is that on the glass wall covering the above ground parking? Or maybe the colored vertical segments on the first (older) renders?

Anyways, I am so happy that Edmonton has been "upping " its development game and my fingers are crossed that most of the past proposals can proceed ( looking at you Aldritt, X Tower, CIBC,.... to many projects to list actually !

Reactions: Him
Hi All,
Long time lurker here.

Just wanted to say that I have " high hopes" for this tower. I think the latest renders are a big improvement and it will be very nice to activate that corner of Jasper Ave.

@ Swore, what "brown/orange lines/markings" are you referring to? Is that on the glass wall covering the above ground parking? Or maybe the colored vertical segments on the first (older) renders?

Anyways, I am so happy that Edmonton has been "upping " its development game and my fingers are crossed that most of the past proposals can proceed ( looking at you Aldritt, X Tower, CIBC,.... to many projects to list actually !

This is the image I was referring to. Perhaps it is an older render and I hope it is. But yes, it certainly is nice to see these new developments and I too hope we see many more and these others come to fruition.

Attachments

• Emerald tower.jpg
    Emerald tower.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 397
Yes, I double @Daveography's welcoming comments @Kaizen. The fact that they are doing soil remediation for this tower bodes well for it proceeding in a timely manner (soil remediation is not an inexpensive process for developers). @Swore, I know the markings that you are referring to from early renderings. I believe that DER got over their Piet Mondrian inclinations and have cleaned up the tower in its later form (new renderings). This with the Pearl (same developer) will really begin to anchor the west end of downtown. The only thing that bothers me about this development is the above-grade parking structure, right @Daveography? @Kaizen, as I mentioned to @Swore on a separate post, @Daveography has initiated a get-to-know-one-another under the heading "General Discussions" -- share your history, if you like.

I'll take a guess, @Daveography. These are substantially deep beams with welded-in-place stiffeners along their length, suggesting that they are going to support extreme weight and that the weight may well be kinetic. So I am going to speculate that they are going to support a moveable excavation rig that is going to take large quantity soil samples from even greater depth than those already dug up.

I really hope this starts going soon, and is not delayed because of 101-102:(

Come on Em, let's get a move on. You can do it!
Sadly she has to go down before she can go up, structurally.

@Swore Actually, not really. The parking structure is above ground, so maybe they will have to dig out just one level and start building up, which is very exciting!:)

Looks like a bit more excavation has been done, but still not a lot.

View attachment 163893
Nice to see some progress none the less, and as Platinum 107 mentioned, excavation should go fast. hopefully by SPRING could be building up !
Can't say that I'll miss the view of that fuglly 3 story walk up from this view !

@westcoastjos Any DP yet?
Looks like progress...

The last shot I just had to turn around and get a quick pic of Pearl

Nov 24, 2018 Downtown Grey Cup Party (80).JPG

Attachments

• Nov 24, 2018 Downtown Grey Cup Party (77).JPG
    Nov 24, 2018 Downtown Grey Cup Party (77).JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 506
  • Nov 24, 2018 Downtown Grey Cup Party (74).JPG
    Nov 24, 2018 Downtown Grey Cup Party (74).JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 495
  • Nov 24, 2018 Downtown Grey Cup Party (78).JPG