Edmonton Motors Lands Redevelopment | 170.07m | 56s | Pangman

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
looks like thier doing some testing today 1579286742564.png

@archited I wonder if both companies could find some savings if they jointly went in on a single excavation contract?

I have mixed feelings about that podium. I like the colour, I like that bit between the towers that juts out and of course the ample windows surrounding the street level, but otherwise it's a bit busy and still a lot of grey. It's not bad and pretty different from anything we have today, though, but on balance my vote remains "Meh."

@Daveography that would be an ideal that is likely very hard to achieve -- agreement required on contractor, start date, cost sharing, engineering, and who's mother is the kindest and most generous.

As to your review on the podium for the towers, I am in general agreement with you. I still think there are major achievements available in this area and Kirkor has done much better in the past. My biggest thing is the lack of thought that goes into the space between the towers. It could have been a "jigsaw"-like lane that would have had appeal to the whole of Glenora. As rendered, it is a little too architectonic and not enough user-friendly -- a missed opportunity.

Back