Edmonton Motors Lands Redevelopment | 170.07m | 56s | Pangman

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I hope we'll see some movement on this soon. This sort of development is just what is needed along Jasper Avenue. I was driving through the area a few weeks ago admiring the progress on CNIB and Glenora Park, and the thing that struck me most was the distinct lack of substantial buildings fronting onto Jasper Avenue between about 112 and 119 Streets. This project will really help to give that stretch of Jasper Avenue the proper big city feel it needs.
I couldn't agree more. The big gaps in Oliver and the 108 to 106 warehouse park areas create immediate dead zones of crumbled concrete (I know this sentiment is obvious to the contributors of this forum).

I live in the south side of this Oliver dead zone, and it is vibrant with cyclists, dog walkers, and pedestrians of all ages and backgrounds long into the night. But walking on Jasper after 9 pm between 117 and 114 can be something else right now (lack of pedestrian, street front business)

Great news, any timeline you can share?
Nothing definitive, but according to Maclab they aren't experiencing any hardship with financing it. Maclab wasn't on the project team before (it was just Pangman and John Day originally if I recall correctly), so perhaps they were brought on to add some extra capital.

Nothing definitive, but according to Maclab they aren't experiencing any hardship with financing it. Maclab wasn't on the project team before (it was just Pangman and John Day originally if I recall correctly), so perhaps they were brought on to add some extra capital.
Thanks, hopefully sooner than later. If I remember correctly, it was AIMCo and there was discussion of them backing out (which is corroborated by the link below). Would make sense if Maclab was brought in in place of AIMCo.

7325C73E-2B44-44D1-B76B-CFE47387195C.jpeg

Interestingly enough….the Parks is now on Maclab’s website. It wasn’t there just 2 weeks ago….

Any news on this one? I know @Avenuer said this one was looking to go forward but not much happening...currently.
There was some behind the scenes stuff going on back in the Spring but haven't heard anything since. Maybe Pangman wants to get The Parks going first before working on Edmonton Motors?

Back