Edmonton Motors Lands Redevelopment | 170.07m | 56s | Pangman

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Always gotta start with the smaller one of course.

Well at least they are moving forward with the project. I don't mind that the shorter building gets built first. Hopefully that way that building will get filled much quicker and then we can see the other taller buildings get built afterwards. As usual I prefer seeing more buildings get built and more empty lots disappear.

^Agreed. Of all the projects proposed for the west Jasper Avenue area, I'm really glad this one in particular is moving forward. The section between 112th and 117th can use all the help it can get density-wise.

I wouldn't count this one as moving forward yet.

Speaking to a contractor working on this project, they are getting a little scared how quiet things are with the developer.

Hmm. I was hoping the tax freeze incentive would help but I wonder if rising construction and material costs are going to be so significant that it prevents some developments moving forward this year now?

Last edited:
It is vital that Jasper Avenue from downtown to 124st area show more changes. It has barely augmented since my first move into Edmonton as an 18 yr old young kid in 1988. Roads or sidewalks' improvements has never once been given any attentiveness from 108st to 124st since I was that teen which would be over 30 years- 33 (at minimum) infact.

Would be odd for financing for a project this size to fall through at this point in the process.

Don't think it is an Edmonton phenomena. When America is about to financially sink, no investors are feeling rosy these days. Since our economy is so USA influenced...

Back