Edmonton Motors Lands Redevelopment | 170.07m | 56s | Pangman

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
You know, I say again, this could have been so much more exciting if the powers that be had energized the lane, thought of a complete overall development, including the sizeable parcels to the west -- this could have been a "district" unto itself. How disappointing!

I wish the tower wasn't so uniform. It would be interesting to see each floor's windows offset a bit to create a gradient or pattern as the tower rises.

Proposed rezoning in Oliver for two mixed-use towers
March 8, 2019

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning for the development of two (170 metre and 140 metre) mixed-use towers on the Edmonton Motors Site at the southeast corner of Jasper Avenue and 115 Street.

Date: Thursday, March 14
Time: 6 – 8 p.m.

The proposed rezoning is from (DC1) Direct Development Control Provision and (RA9) High Rise Apartment Zone to a (DC2) Site Specific Development Control Provision to allow for two separate residential towers on commercial and residential base structures.
To facilitate this rezoning, an application has also been made to amend the Oliver Area Redevelopment Plan.

Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council for a future Public Hearing decision.

For more information:
edmonton.ca>YourNeighbourhood> Oliver> Planning Applications

Media contact:
Amber Medynski
Communications Advisor
Urban Form and Corporate Strategic Development
780-944-7914

Meh... it's not the best looking nor the worst, but it will bring some height and furthermore density ??

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning for the development of two (170 metre and 140 metre) mixed-use towers on the Edmonton Motors Site at the southeast corner of Jasper Avenue and 115 Street.

let me guess....they'll build the short one first, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still loaded with missed opportunities -- yes, the materials are fine, but they do not a creative architectural structure make. A corporate-looking effort I am afraid. Compared to Kirkor's own portfolio, this has to rank low in imagination.

Back