What do you think of this project?

• I like it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
^ Ya, sorry about that. :oops: Do you remember 10 years ago or more in the old strip mall that used to be there, there was a donair shop called Charles Smart (I think) & a flag shop? It's been an empty lot for a long time, prime for some development one of these days. I was told by the community league its owned by ESSO.

^ Ya, sorry about that. :oops: Do you remember 10 years ago or more in the old strip mall that used to be there, there was a donair shop called Charles Smart (I think) & a flag shop? It's been an empty lot for a long time, prime for some development one of these days. I was told by the community league its owned by ESSO.
It could be. Although according to discussions I had when I was on the board of directors for the French Quarter business association I seem to remember something being said that the owner was some guy with a numbered company out of Seattle or somewhere around there.

Rode past this today, got a quick photo of the site. there's a for sale sign on it, has that always been there, or is it new?
IMG_9907.JPG

I gotta admit, after seeing the renders, the EDC comments seem a bit harsh. it is a box, and the facade at grade is a bit awkward, but all in all this doesn't look that bad to me. maybe the colours are a bit uninspired, a setback at the third or fourth floor would be nice, but this doesn't seem that bad to me.

Description: To construct a 45 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing building with underground parkade, and to demolish 3 existing Single Detached Houses and detached garages.
Permit date: December 17, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class A
Address: 10019 - 83 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: STRATHCONA
Zoning: RA8,RA8,RA8

the land is for sale if you've got a cool $1.8 mil burning a hole in your pocket

Back