CX | 57.91m | 21s | Beaverbrook | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CX update

The new design/project just came across my desk.

222 units in 21 storeys, construction to start this summer.
-townhouse units fronting 110st
-simple square tower with a good amount of glazing

Reminds me of stuff you see in Van/Cal that is on the first ring outside of Downtown.

I can/will post the image next week.

From ColdSRX on SSP

Does anyone happen to know if Beaverbrook ended up purchasing the two neighbouring heritage homes at 10036 110 Street? Just curious since that's what the renders seem to imply, if you assume the boxy silhouette to its north is that 1950’s apartment at 10038 110 Street. Maybe it's just artistic license?

Does anyone happen to know if Beaverbrook ended up purchasing the two neighbouring heritage homes at 10036 110 Street? Just curious since that's what the renders seem to imply, if you assume the boxy silhouette to its north is that 1950’s apartment at 10038 110 Street. Maybe it's just artistic license?

Their Development Permit had those two houses included in the project but I can't see if they were in fact purchased. They are still standing however while the adjacent lots have been rough graded. Maybe there is hope they remain (or moved)?

Their Development Permit had those two houses included in the project but I can't see if they were in fact purchased. They are still standing however while the adjacent lots have been rough graded. Maybe there is hope they remain (or moved)?
Yeah, thats what made me curious about it. If I remember right the original proposal didn't include them. It would be really nice to see the two saved, theres not to many of Oliver's original homes left in that area.

Yeah, thats what made me curious about it. If I remember right the original proposal didn't include them. It would be really nice to see the two saved, theres not to many of Oliver's original homes left in that area.
And the special thing about those homes is the smaller one located at the rear of the lot - something you don't see much of anywhere in the city. Apparently Oliver in particular used to have many of these arrangements back in the day.

And the special thing about those homes is the smaller one located at the rear of the lot - something you don't see much of anywhere in the city. Apparently Oliver in particular used to have many of these arrangements back in the day.

That’s right! The historical predecessor to today’s laneway homes was a particularly neat trend that was more or less confined strictly to Oliver, due to the area’s large lot sizes. Despite being pretty prevalent only two other examples remain that I’m aware of. There’s a full size Foursquare home at 10008 114 Street, built in the backyard of a residence fronting 100 Avenue. The other, at 11211 99 Ave, is a small cottage like home that was once a garage for the historically designated Mountifield Residence.

In more related news Ian on Skyscraperpage clarified that the renders he plans on posting are apparently “much more promising.”

Always sad to see these go. My great grandpa was one of the first mayors of Edmonton, if not the first... I think... last name Mackenzie. Anyways, he built a house north of Whyte Ave way back when. It is still standing as a law office now. Too bad I can't claim it as my own...

Here it is: https://goo.gl/maps/vKDBnBGKDLFBY9mf8

Last house was being cleared, and an arborist was on site removing one of the boulevard trees.

P9040458.jpg
P9040459.jpg

Back