What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yesterday late afternoon
2021-01-16 005.JPG

But 100x pedestrian fatalities from the silent killers...

Walking Shanghai a few years ago we quickly preferred two-stroke smells over ninja electric scooters of death.

But 100x pedestrian fatalities from the silent killers...

Walking Shanghai a few years ago we quickly preferred two-stroke smells over ninja electric scooters of death.
Most electric cars have an artificial engine noise in lower speeds (below 40 km/h) to warn pedestrians and reduce accidents. A large majority of them also has 360° cameras and auto-breaking and self driving capabilities, technologies that should become cheaper as more and more EVs are mass produced.
As for higher speeds, we should be building roads and streets that are safe enough for pedestrians be in and not care if they cannot hear the engines, when they're driving above 40 km/h (speeds that, for all I care, are not exactly well suited for pedestrian packed urban areas, anyways).
@IanO why do you seem to boast such a dislike, to say the least, for EVs?
I get it that you advocate for more active transportation and transit, which we all agree on, on a higher or lower degree, but for once, we'll never get completely rid of individual transportation (nor should we) so, why not have one that is potentially less damaging for the planet and also, good for urban centres in general, with less noise pollution (imagine being in a patio outside, chatting, without the deafening noise of traffic passing by), less tailpipe emissions, etc?

Oddly enough, I am all for EVs and love where battery tech/range is going.

This was meant to be more of a joke than actual comment... sorta.

Oddly enough, I am all for EVs and love where battery tech/range is going.

This was meant to be more of a joke than actual comment... sorta.
It is not the first time we end up in the EV debate and, frankly, you don't seem to be very fond of the thing. At least that is the impression that you let out.

Back