Coronation Community Recreation Centre | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Whitemud Ironworks Limited
1,665 followers
8h • Edited • 8 hours ago
Follow
-30C weather doesn't stop our crews! Whitemud Ironworks Limited is currently in the process of suppling and installing over 1500 tons of steel for the City of Edmonton Coronation Park Sport & Rec Center. This highly complicated structure required close coordination with the GC Clark Builders and our trade partner Myshak Crane & Rigging. In these photos we see a 90' long *DOUBLE* W1000 I-beam being installed with a 330T Crawler Crane. Hoisting 15,000kg is no joke! Stay tuned for more updates on this #project .

Phenomenal work by those involved. Hell of a job by those iron workers in this weather.

Some close-up shots via Michael Dub:

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 2.36.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 2.36.38 PM.png

A proposed funding agreement between the city, the Argyll Velodrome Association, and World Triathlon Series Edmonton would see the two partner organizations contribute $4 million in capital funding to the Coronation Park Sports and Recreation Centre, which is currently under construction. Should the organizations not be able to raise the funds, administration suggests using self-supporting tax-guaranteed debt, the servicing of which would be funded by future lease revenues charged to the two organizations. The report also suggests that the facility’s cycling track, weight-lifting and warm-up space, running track, and link to the Peter Hemingway Fitness and Leisure Centre will all be considered for name sale under the Facility Name Sale Policy C477A. Construction on the facility was 25% complete as of December 2022 and is anticipated to be complete in 2026.

Back