Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
2026 occupancy? Four years to finish building 16 stories when the podium is almost finished, are they not going to start for 12-18 months?

Hope you're right on the estimated height. Still think HSBC Bank building will tower over this one. They could round the corners a little to add some excitement to the project.
HSBC is an huge international bank, so not quite the same as CWB which is a regional bank striving to become more national. Perhaps one day CWB will be like Stantec and need a taller tower, but not there yet.

I don't think some of the critics realize the time and effort it takes to build a business. It takes decades. By the way, they did a nice job on the renovation of the HSBC building, size is not the only thing that matters.

2026 occupancy? Four years to finish building 16 stories when the podium is almost finished, are they not going to start for 12-18 months?
And I wonder if they are going to move their branch at least into the podium later this year because that should be finished. Would be nice to have that space occupied.

From what I understood, the project would be done in later 2025, but that they wouldn't be moving in until 2026. Unfortunate that it is that long considering, as you noted, how much us already done.

HSBC is an huge international bank, so not quite the same as CWB which is a regional bank striving to become more national. Perhaps one day CWB will be like Stantec and need a taller tower, but not there yet.

I don't think some of the critics realize the time and effort it takes to build a business. It takes decades. By the way, they did a nice job on the renovation of the HSBC building, size is not the only thing that matters.
Yes, I like the reno of HSBC and the building itself. I used that building in particular as a comparison to height of this new proposal. I won't lose any sleep over the lack of height . I was just expecting more in that location. Last three renders of the proposed residential towers were so awful, that this short stub is an improvement. The all glass structure is at least consistent with the rest of the district so I'll give it that.

That's what I thought too, but I am guessing with the picture of the CWB logo on that corner of the building, TD is staying put, although I don't recall hearing anything officially.
Considering they're renovating their exterior corner of CC East, they are definitely not moving out of there anytime soon.

Back