Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I was irked about the building height before, but it's growing on me. It'll be nice to have something above the podium, and it's nice to see investment in the area at a time like this. I just hope that since the podium will be done soon, construction won't be too disruptive on the area.
But so many people on SSP are losing their minds over this…..”Shitty YEG here, shitty architecture there.” It’s literally half of the size Stantec office….it’s big and quite frankly no smaller then a ton of office buildings around the country….

But so many people on SSP are losing their minds over this…..”Shitty YEG here, shitty architecture there.” It’s literally half of the size Stantec office….it’s big and quite frankly no smaller then a ton of office buildings around the country….
WE NEED MOAR HEIGHT, TALLLLLERRRRR!!!

I was irked about the building height before, but it's growing on me. It'll be nice to have something above the podium, and it's nice to see investment in the area at a time like this. I just hope that since the podium will be done soon, construction won't be too disruptive on the area.
I'm still a little irked by the height a little bit. Will be barely visible from anywhere in the city, except maybe from the north, which is a pity (zero contribution to the skyline).
But beggars can't be choosers and this is at least cohesive with the rest of the architecture around, and is light-years ahead of that dreadful residential tower we had proposed in the last render for this tower.

Half the height of Stantec, how do you figure? Stantec is 66 stories and this is 16. At 16 stories I would hardly call that big, but if your satisfied with a short, plain box because there are a ton of others around the country, well all the power to you. Low expectations are definitely not a pathway to disappointment, which I suppose is a lovely way to live.

Half the height of Stantec, how do you figure? Stantec is 66 stories and this is 16. At 16 stories I would hardly call that big, but if your satisfied with a short, plain box because there are a ton of others around the country, well all the power to you. Low expectations are definitely not a pathway to disappointment, which I suppose is a lovely way to live.
Based on standard floor heights for office towers (~4m) and the current podium, I'd bet in the total height of this building being between 75 and 85m, which would put it at about 1/3 of Stantec, not half @MacLac.

It would've been nice to see it have 4 or 5 more floors just to break the 100m barrier, though.

Based on standard floor heights for office towers (~4m) and the current podium, I'd bet in the total height of this building being between 75 and 85m, which would put it at about 1/3 of Stantec, not half @MacLac.

It would've been nice to see it have 4 or 5 more floors just to break the 100m barrier, though.
Hope you're right on the estimated height. Still think HSBC Bank building will tower over this one. They could round the corners a little to add some excitement to the project.

Back