Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
How dare you come up with a building name in the Ice District that has nothing to do with the Oilers Cup dynasty era! 😛
Should have called it Wayne's (Gretzky) World... Or Gretzky's Garden, or Mark Messier's Mall, or the Fogolin Financial center/Beukeboom Bank complex... 🙄

Last edited:
Should have called it Wayne's (Gretzky) World... Or Gretzky's Garden, or Mark Messier's Mall, or the Fogolin Financial center/Beukeboom Bank complex... 🙄
Liam Reddox Inn?

I'm happy that the Icehouse and Banquet will have an entertainment angle. This takes it closer what I originally had hoped for in the district.

BPs:

Permit Date
Jan 10, 2022
Permit Description
To construct Interior Alteration for a retail store - LOBLAWS CITY MARKET FOOD STORE
Address
10324 - 103 STREET NW
Permit Type
Commercial Final

and

Permit Date
Jan 10, 2022
Permit Description
To construct Interior Alteration for a liquor store - REAL CANADIAN LIQUOR STORE
Address
10324 - 103 STREET NW
Permit Type
Commercial Final

Of course, at some point concerts may resume, so the area may be busy not just on the nights or days that have hockey games.
Well at some point (which I think will be Mar/Apr) we're going to remove all of these restrictions and these shows will resume. Just look south of the border and it's like business as usual for both concerts and sporting events.

4D1637F4-A36C-402D-A42D-BE3AB07DB707.jpeg

Well at some point (which I think will be Mar/Apr) we're going to remove all of these restrictions and these shows will resume. Just look south of the border and it's like business as usual for both concerts and sporting events.

Celine Dion just cancelled her spring tour which included two concerts at Roger's - the only two dates in Alberta. Would have been a good tourist draw for the city and downtown businesses.

No plans to reschedule at this time. She is ill.

I thought the skating rink was supposed to be in by now. Probably no ice in Ice District for another year?

Celine Dion just cancelled her spring tour which included two concerts at Roger's - the only two dates in Alberta. Would have been a good tourist draw for the city and downtown businesses.

No plans to reschedule at this time. She is ill.

I thought the skating rink was supposed to be in by now. Probably no ice in Ice District for another year?
Its too bad, she has a big and devoted fan base who would love to see her. It is the type of show that would have got things hopping again, but if she is ill, she is ill.

However, there are a number of other big name performers and I expect at some point they will start to return.

Back